Seasons right around corner.. what you shooting?

I like Hill style longbows the best for fun but that length.....shewwww...

I hate the buzz of recurve limbs.

So this year I am hybridizing and using a JK Traditions Kanati

60” 48# at 28” 500 spine still futzing with perfect weight

Trad tech Titan III riser, Black Max 2.0 limbs 52 pounds at my draw 64" recurve. Easton Axis 340 spine full length brass insert 4 fletched with 3 inch feathers, wrap and 175 grain 3 blade VPA up front 620 grains total arrow weight.

Cove-Creek

Lil-Rokslider
I'm will be hunting elk here in MT and in CO with a DAS gen2 riser paired with some Kaya limbs. Just over 50# @ my draw of 29".

300 spine full length Beman ics bowhunters with 100gr insets and 175 grain snuffers. Total arrow weight is 625 grains.

Not sure what my deer setup will be yet. Going to work on it after an elk is on the ground!

Attachments

• A0E91214-6A90-4F42-8BC7-3CE504D4D216.jpeg
    A0E91214-6A90-4F42-8BC7-3CE504D4D216.jpeg
    502.2 KB · Views: 25
OP
Kentucky

Kentucky

WKR
I'm will be hunting elk here in MT and in CO with a DAS gen2 riser paired with some Kaya limbs. Just over 50# @ my draw of 29".

300 spine full length Beman ics bowhunters with 100gr insets and 175 grain snuffers. Total arrow weight is 625 grains.

Not sure what my deer setup will be yet. Going to work on it after an elk is on the ground!

I was looking for that riser!! At one time it was offered to me but I didn’t have the finances..

I sold my gen2, like an idiot, I have a first run bronze dalaA, now as my back up bow..

Cove-Creek

Lil-Rokslider
I really like that riser. For years all I have shot are custom recurves and longbows and never thought I would enjoy a metal riser. I was wrong.

I have the gen2 setup to hunt in the backcountry but also have a Tribute riser and an Elite riser that could get some time in the tree stand back East during the whitetail rut!

OP
Kentucky

Kentucky

WKR
I really like that riser. For years all I have shot are custom recurves and longbows and never thought I would enjoy a metal riser. I was wrong.

I have the gen2 setup to hunt in the backcountry but also have a Tribute riser and an Elite riser that could get some time in the tree stand back East during the whitetail rut!

I hear ya.. I’m down to 2 bows.. finally, settled with 17” das, with long bow limbs, and a 60” toelke whistler..A man could go through life and not find bows that shoot better. Maybe equal.. but no better.

Cove-Creek

Lil-Rokslider
You are correct. Part of the fun for me is shooting all the different bow available. So many talented bowyers out there. Toelke's build great shooting bows, no doubt about it.

I shoot my same set up for whitetails as I do for elk or anything else I am hunting, I am too dumb to remember more than one trajectory lol... I am also a one bow guy, own a few but only hunt with one.

OP
Kentucky

Kentucky

WKR
I shoot my same set up for whitetails as I do for elk or anything else I am hunting, I am too dumb to remember more than one trajectory lol... I am also a one bow guy, own a few but only hunt with one.

I hear ya.. I had serval and bounced around, and my shooting suffered, I may mess around with my das with different limbs through the spring and early summer, but primarily shoot the toelke now..

I like to tinker way to much.. that’s why I went to a longbow..Get a target arrow weight, tune arrows to bow.. be done, if I had of done this when I first got into trad I would’ve be better off..

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
Only hunting whitetails this year but using 2 . . . maybe 4 different bows. Homemade osage selfbow - mid-50s in draw weight with a stone tipped ash arrow (760 grains) and a 55@28 Bob Lee curve with 570 grain carbons. I've got a setup for a 10 yard shot for which I'll use the selfbow and for other stands, use the curve. Should be a fun year!

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
45# bear super kodiak greyling green edition. Ff string, victory vap rip xv 400 spine with ethics archery half outs and alien archery heads. 566 grain arrow with 29% foc. 4x3" fletched. Oh and i draw just shy of 30".

I'm ready!!

DOESLAYER

Lil-Rokslider
Das Tribute Riser, 40lbs Tradtech long bow limbs by Dryad.
GT Hunter XT 500, X-99 Champion Bow string by Chad.

Masai 200's and RMS Gear Cutthroats Right Bevel trying the Masai's this year.

IL whitetails, next year Muley's and possibly Elk or bear.

Cbrick

FNG
47# Treadway longbow with fmj’s and grizzly heads.
Probably shoot a self bow or two this year with bamboo arrows and zwickeys or trade heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mythewood

FNG
Javaman "Elkheart" longbow. 50#@26". Valkyrie reign arrows w 250gr Jaegger broadheads. Whitetail in Michigan in October, whitetails in Alabama from November till February, and a two week mountain lion and bobcat hunt in Idaho the first two weeks of December.

Geewhiz

WKR
I ended up going with a 658 grain arrow with a 300 grain double bevel VPA (658 grain total weight). Black eagle vintage arrows cut at 32.5 inches out of a 59 lb super kodiak puts me at 172 FPS.

Grabwad

Lil-Rokslider
54”Toelke Pika 56#@28”
Easton axis Trad arrows with 200gr wide iron will and hopefully a wide cut cutthroat if they come out soon.