Seat cover/cushion for truck

fishslap

WKR
My 2020 Dodge Ram Laramie 1500 seats are brutal. Tons of adjustments but I can’t seem to find a comfortable setting. The main issue is that it feels like a big bulge in the center of my back and no support for the upper part. I’m not talking about the lumbar support either. I’ve adjusted the hell out of it in all different configurations. I notice when I have a heavy coat on the seats are tolerable. Any recommendations for seat covers that might offer some cushion to the back while still allowing the seat warmer to be effective? I’m about ready to tear out the seats and replace them with upside down five gallon buckets. I’ve been sitting off and on for 42 years so I don’t think it’s just me.

JeffP_Or

WKR
If you like the truck and get nowhere with aftermarket covers, you might consider looking up an automotive upholstery shop - or even a regular upholstery shop - and see if they can pull the factory fabric and modify the seat profile by either adding or removing material. I only say a shop because they will have the tools and materials to easily deal with the factory fabric covering.

I am no help with aftermarket covers unless you just go simple - insert favorite a/m mfr name here - and pick up some sheet foam at a fabric store along with some 3m adhesive and sculpt it yourself over the factory seats [use the adhesive to glue the foam to the "any mfr' cover - not your seat ;)].

I’ve got Clazzio covers in my taco, they’re nice...but doubtful they’ll solve your issue.
You might start by making sure all 2020 ram seats feel like your seat does, and that it’s not a defect.
Go on a Ram forum, find similar discussions because if it’s normal, I’m sure you’re not the only person finding the seat uncomfortable and there might be a known fix.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
I’ve got Clazzio covers in my taco, they’re nice...but doubtful they’ll solve your issue.
You might start by making sure all 2020 ram seats feel like your seat does, and that it’s not a defect.
Go on a Ram forum, find similar discussions because if it’s normal, I’m sure you’re not the only person finding the seat uncomfortable and there might be a known fix.
Thanks. I did that and found one guy complaining of the same thing but that was all. I took it into the dealership and they looked it over, checking all of the adjustments and said they couldn’t find anything. They did seem interested in investigating so that was good.