Seattle for a day

ST52v

WKR
I have friend that's going to be in Seattle for a day at the end of the month. He was looking for tips on places to stay and things to do. He loves to fly fish any ideas would be great! ! Thanks Robin

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pike Place Market is pretty cool, gotta check it out for sure. Possibly catch a M's game depending on what day. Avoid Capitol Hill!

sab

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoyed a trip to the Filson store/factory, and would have also visited the Feathered Friends store, had I had more time.

Regards,
Scott

Well depending on his budget, he can stay at the Edgewater Hotel on the waterfront (the Beatles one stayed here and supposedly fished out their window) and there is a ton of stuff to do along the waterfront including sightseeing, the aquarium, and he can walk up to the Pike Place Market. If he is flying in he can take the Sound Transit Light Rail from the airport to downtown at Westlake Center and either catch a cab or walk down to the Edgewater Hotel.

The Seattle Center is also a cool place to go as it has the Experience Music Project which also contains the Sci Fi movie museum. The Space Needle is located at the Seattle Center as well. He could catch the monorail from basically where he got off from the light rail at Westlake Center to go to the Seattle Center. If he is into aviation the Museum of Flight is pretty awesome but that is over by Boeing Field (would probably need to get a cab to go there).

If he loves to fly fish there are some great opportunities for guided trips in the area. The Mariners play at Safeco Field and the stadium is awesome and there are a ton of breweries in the vicinity.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Tell your friend I'm sorry. Seattle sucks!

The rivers here have stealhead running right now so he could hit one of them. We have some really good fly fishing on the east side of the mountains also.