Securing long gun to pack for walk-in

+1 on the gun bearer.

It can be used on the belt for quick access, or moved to the back/side of the pack for longer hikes or when you need the gun out of the way. It fits the large buttstocks on most precision rifles just fine, too.

KineKilla

WKR
I just put the Kuiu QD on my pack last night. It seems like a good concept but the bottom strap grips my recoil pad (or vica versa) making it somewhat difficult to get out in a hurry.

Does seem to hold the rifle well and would really hold it tight if you used the side buckles on the pack as well.

Also, every accessory they sell uses the same connection point. A person quickly runs out of hip belt real estate.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Kifaru mountain rambler is what I use. Has an Internal rifle scabbard. I love the thing. Only downside with carrying a rifle on your pack is if you take a fall or land on your rear you can bump the rifle.

rbljack

WKR
Kifaru gun bearer when I need access to it. If not....its on my reckoning pack down the middle and strapped in. The butt stock goes into a med belt pouch attached below the "center zip" on the reckoning.

Kifaru gun bearer for me if I want quick access otherwise I just lash it on my pack for a long walk. I can use the gun bearer butt portion and lash the rifle to the pack instead of using the lash on the shoulder strap. Im currently wearing a MR Sawtooth 45.

WCB

WKR
I made a copy of an SG gun carrier with an old nylon sling (webbing) and some Chicago screws for the butt stock. Then just used the straps on my pack. My wife just stuffs hers onto the load shelf in between her bag and frame.

ChrisAU

WKR
Kifaru gun bearer upper, Kuiu lower. The Kuiu lower has two attachment points which keep the rifle from twisting when you walk, I had issues with that.