Seeing Barrel at 2x...Razor 2-10x40 HD LH

I recently purchased a new OLD MODEL Vortex Razor HD LH in 2-10x40. After mounting it on my Tikka T3x with Talley (low) rings, I can see the barrel while looking through the scope at low magnification. Is this normal?

The scope is mounted properly, and this seems to be a fairly common mount setup for Tikkas. My barrel is 22" long and there is plenty of room between the objective bell and the barrel, as well as between the action and scope tube (can fit my hand between the scope and rifle).

I feel that having a partially obstructed field of view at low magnification is highly undesirable, especially for a scope in this price range. Do any of you have the same experience with this scope? I've never had this problem with the many other scopes I've owned.

Completely normal for any scope that has a half decent field of view below about 3X magnification depending on mounting height. I would be looking for a new scope if I was unable to see a substantial amount of barrel at 2X

OP
L
I tend to agree on having a large field of view being a good thing. That said, I had not experienced seeing the barrel. Looking back, the common denominator is that few if any of my scopes have been below 3x. Thanks for addressing my concerns.