Seeing the muzzle brake in my scope

Esq

FNG
Just mounted a Trijicon 2.5 x 18 x 42 credo on my new Proof Elevation rifle. It has their light sendaro stock. 24" barrel with pva brake that adds 2". There is a factory mounted p rail. I used vortex low rings. On 2.5 power I can see the muzzle brake in the bottom of the fov. Almost looks like a bubble.

I can't see it on 3x. Is this normal? Do I need to buy medium height rings? I was thinking of getting a 9" suppressor, would it cause a problem with medium rings?

I've never had this problem before on dozens of scope and rifle combos.

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
Just went through the same thing myself…panicked for a bit, but after doing some research came up with it being common. Due to the low power of the scope, the FOV is so great that it’s catching the top end of the brake. As soon as you start increasing magnification it disappears because you zoom out past it. Shouldn’t be an issue at all.

Now with that being said, after adding a suppressor I would imagine it could amplify the issue, I however am not sure. Maybe some one else with more knowledge on it here will chime in and help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to say how much of the suppressor if any will be visible with medium rings , but if the muzzle break bothers you now with low rings the added 9 inches won’t do you any favors. I’ve shot a few different set ups where I could see the barrel and/or front sight of the rifle on lower power.

ZackP

WKR
Shouldn’t be an issue.

If the rail is a 20 MOA rail, and the sight picture bothers you, you can always swap it for a non canted rail.

That being said, suppressor might be a different story.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Any 26" barrel I have ever mounted an optic on, this was the case. Just means you did a good job of keeping your mount low

ChrisAU

WKR
Its a good thing and is in no way a problem - it means you have a wide FOV. You can't get rid of seeing the muzzle brake without reducing what you can see to the sides in your scope.