Seek Outside Cimarron DCF

CO-AJ

WKR
Ok, I have read the reviews, studied the website and am preparing to drop $1k+ on a shelter system. I know there are SO pros and users on here and I have just a couple of questions based off the design image below:
Cimarron Snip.JPG

1. It looks like from the image that the stove jack is on the back wall of the tipi, so I assume there is only 1 door which in the case of this diagram would be the dark green panels at the foot of the sleeping bags?
2. Is there an option to add door screens to the DCF Cimarron like on the Redcliff?
3. Does either the LBO nest or the Cimarron 1/2 nest fit against either side wall?

Thanks for everyones help.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi

Good news, the Dyneema is finally in so Dyneema shelters will start to roll out the door shortly.

To answer
- Stove jack on rear opposite entry
- No screen option. Our thinking is lighter is better , and if you want add a nest for full protection
- The LBO and Cimarron Half nest and Cimarron Full all fit

reaper

WKR
Ok, I have read the reviews, studied the website and am preparing to drop $1k+ on a shelter system. I know there are SO pros and users on here and I have just a couple of questions based off the design image below:
View attachment 180369

1. It looks like from the image that the stove jack is on the back wall of the tipi, so I assume there is only 1 door which in the case of this diagram would be the dark green panels at the foot of the sleeping bags?
2. Is there an option to add door screens to the DCF Cimarron like on the Redcliff?
3. Does either the LBO nest or the Cimarron 1/2 nest fit against either side wall?

Thanks for everyones help.
On this picture this is the standard Cimarron,2 doors and the stove jack is on one of the side walls.Screen doors is an option

The Cimarron LIGHT have the stove jack on the back(behind the center pole)Screen door is an option

Cimarron ULTRALIGHT (Dyneema) have a single door and also have tbe stove jack behind the center pole.Looks like there is no Screen door option of this one bit i don't see why,yoi can send an email to seekoutside and ask them.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
Hi

Good news, the Dyneema is finally in so Dyneema shelters will start to roll out the door shortly.

To answer
- No screen option. Our thinking is lighter is better , and if you want add a nest for full protection
Kevin have all the anwers

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

OP
CO-AJ

CO-AJ

WKR
Hi

To answer
Kevin, I left an email for Nathan, but do you know if the DCF fabric they got in is the Spruce Green? Hopefully it isnt the grey.
Thanks.

OP
CO-AJ

CO-AJ

WKR
Well, that was a tough order to stomach, hopefully my buy once cry once philosophy will get me through. I just ordered the Cimarron DCF w/ stove jack and carbon pole, LBO nest, some gate keeper straps, and of course seam sealer for the nest. I will look into stoves at a later date, I am super excited about this setup and will let everyone know of initial impressions.

gexpro

WKR
Well, that was a tough order to stomach, hopefully my buy once cry once philosophy will get me through. I just ordered the Cimarron DCF w/ stove jack and carbon pole, LBO nest, some gate keeper straps, and of course seam sealer for the nest. I will look into stoves at a later date, I am super excited about this setup and will let everyone know of initial impressions.

You won’t regret it man. SO makes some top notch stuff.

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried it out yet? I was looking at getting a Cimarron, I'm just wondering if its worth getting the Dyneema versus the light or regular Cimarron.

gexpro

WKR
I have the standard Cimmaron and love it, however I decided to place a order for the DCF Cimmaron a couple of days ago for when I pack hunt this year.

No worries on stretch or sagging, lighter, more water proof, and supporting a great company. what is there to not love?

OP
CO-AJ

CO-AJ

WKR
Have you tried it out yet? I was looking at getting a Cimarron, I'm just wondering if its worth getting the Dyneema versus the light or regular Cimarron.
No. I am still waiting for it to be delivered. SO was flooded with orders.

OP
CO-AJ

CO-AJ

WKR
Yes. It takes a bit longer to pitch than a freestanding tent, but the room inside with my LBO nest is amazing. It is like having a small house with a seating area and a bedroom. I through my air chair inside and if it rains I can run a stove, sit in a chair, and watch other members of the party crawl around in their tents. Awesome piece of gear.