Seek outside Cimmaron

luke moffat

Super Moderator
From the last couple days. Don't have a wind meter but as you can see I setup the tent fly exposed (no wind break) on the coast. Anyone who lives on the NW coast knows it is generally windy, and with 90 degree weather inland, I am guessing we had sustained 20-25 knot winds with gusts in the 35-40

I am always dissapointed when I actually measure the wind speed with my Kestrel vs. what I measure it with. I believe Sam Millard found that most people overestimate what the wind is actually blowing when shooting long range too. Regardless 45 mph gusts are nothing to mess with!!!

Clarktar

WKR
Several RVs in the camp ground lost canopies. I guess I could look up the recorded wind speeds for the area and report back. I will do that.

I figured you would chime in Luke.

Clarktar

WKR
Ok, the beer must have messed up my internal wind meter. NOAA buoy says wind speeds we're between 8 - 12 with gusts 19 - 22 knots.

My bad.

colonel00

WKR
Don't worry, I have the same issues. What I usually swear is a good 10-12 is in reality an average 5-6 or so I'm told :D

Clarktar

WKR
How did the sidewalls do in the wind with only the 2 upper guy lines? And noticeable intrusion into the livable space?
No noticeable intrusion due to wind buckling. I did pitch quite horribly also. Had the big flat panel (door) facing right into the wind. I could see it bending in some with stronger gusts but really not noticeable and then tent seemed just fine. We are very happy with the new setup

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I used mine hunting elk this year and it's awesome. Quick and easy to set up, lighter and bigger than my old 2man. The stove option is nice but I couldn't keep it going all night without setting an alarm... that may not have been a problem if I had gotten cold though.

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
I used mine hunting elk this year and it's awesome. Quick and easy to set up, lighter and bigger than my old 2man. The stove option is nice but I couldn't keep it going all night without setting an alarm... that may not have been a problem if I had gotten cold though.

Was that the med stove & how often did you/would you have to feed it?

Mine just shipped today & after waking up this morning in the back of my truck to 15 degrees (20 degree bag), even having the ability to restart it in the morning sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moellermd

FNG
Used mine on an elk hunt last week with the wife. Stood up well. Had a couple nights of 1/2 rain and we stayed dry. The door tie straps can wick in water from the outside so be cautious of where they are located in relation to your sleeping bag. Had a stove the size of a cylinder stove scout in it. If you really got it burning it got way to hot. Shut it down and it would produce a low heat for 2-3 hours. I could fire it up in the morning without getting out of the fart sack and in 15 min would have the tent warmed up. After my wife shot her elk we went down to base camp to process it and it snowed 18 inches up high. That was 10 days ago. Waiting to hear the report of how the tent stood up to the snow.

Great video. Thanks to take time to really make it.
b.png