Seek Outside Custom Lanner

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Seek Outside for creating quality packs. I’ve owned several packs from major brands that we all know of and recently decided to give Seek a shot. I’d been eyeing them for a while but I had been hesitant to buy because they didn’t seem to be as popular as others and used a bag material I was unfamiliar with. I’m glad I finally gave them a shot. The comfort, customization options, weight of their systems, and waterproof materials are worth giving their packs a try. I have no desire to try another pack now that I have taken this one out.

I’ve only had this pack for a few weeks now, but I’ve done two brutal day trips loaded with a full weekend’s worth of hunting gear and a little extra weight just to test it out. Each trip consisted of 16 miles with half that distance being on a trail and half going through some rough country consisting of wicked elevation gains, ridiculous deadfall, and thick brush. In my past experiences on this particular hike, pack issues come up early with similar loads. I was surprised to find that I had no complaints at the end of both days other than being physically exhausted.

The suspension is phenomenal. The blend of foams used is very comfortable, but stiff enough that heavier loads don’t shift the fitting of the pack. The 4-to-1 forward-pull hip belt is a game changer. Being able to adjust the top and bottom of the belt independently makes it possible to get a comfortable fit that won’t slide down the waist. The floating hip belt option is awesome too. I was skeptical about the system but it seems to provide a little more flexibility when climbing over deadfall while somehow keeping everything where it should be at all times. It can be locked into place too if desired. My other packs all seemed to bind at some point while climbing around but this one continually contoured to my body. I’m going to have to wait a few months to get it out in the rain but the waterproof X-Pac material should keep things dry now that I’ve seam sealed it. I’m excited about that because hunting in a perpetually wet environment, my packs eventually get soaked, even with a rain fly.

I took advantage of their custom pack option and ended up with a pack that fit my exact needs with a lower weight to volume ratio than any other option I’ve found. I'm saving several pounds compared to some options. The fact that it has so far been the most comfortable pack I’ve used was surprising to me, although hearing that other people had the same experience was the deciding factor in giving them a shot to begin with.

Anyway, I don't intend for this to come across as an advertisement, I just wanted to share my positive experience in case anyone was on the fence about trying them out.

Screenshot_20210613-064538_Gallery.jpg

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a custom 5400 as well. It is a great pack and very comfortable. For me, the lumbar pad, 3rd cross stay, and 2 inch frame extensions really make it more comfortable if packing more than 40ish pounds. Even with all that, it is still phenomenally light for what it can do.