Seek Outside Eolus

superA

WKR
No they are not , the wind was consistently 75-110 in the video . Considering it is the weight of a 10 by 10 tarp essentially there really is not a comparable shelter in our opinion .

Also extra stake loops would not allow the zipperless closure to work .

Adding two zippers will add close to a half pound .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, didn't realize the wind was that high! Any word on when the CF version will be ready to order (sorry if that's been covered)?

OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kevin, interesting closure idea on the Eolus , I’d like to hear a little more about the operation of it. Is there a video that shows this in detail, also do both ends have this feature?

Yes it's a dual entry . Our main video on the product page covers it .
Thanks

OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They are a little different but serve the same market.

Eolus is lighter overall, Silvertip does go to the ground, has sod skirts, and the nest if ordered is larger

Eolus is better at the bear minimum weight , using poles, is designed to vent better

Bearsears

WKR
Does anybody have their hands on an Eolus yet? I just ordered one and I'm curious if anybody has some first impressions?

sndmn11

WKR
I played with one at the shop in February, it is spot on like Nathan said as a much better option to tarp sleeping at the same weight. I believe I am going to pick on up for the benefit of being a poopy weather glassing shelter.

Bearsears

WKR
I played with one at the shop in February, it is spot on like Nathan said as a much better option to tarp sleeping at the same weight. I believe I am going to pick on up for the benefit of being a poopy weather glassing shelter.
Thanks sndmn11. I'm really excited to try this shelter out. I've loved all of my Seek gear so far.

OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The extra line loc is if you want to string it to a tree or similar .

In general set the rectangle stakes about 8ft to 8ft 6 a part depending on length of line loc cordage . After that stick the two poles in and pull out the vestibule section.

If you are using the nest simply pitch it a couple inches wider than the nest .

If you have any questions just contact our CS at info at seekoutside

Thanks

What is the advantage of the dyneema material?

I’ll add to the above with, it doesn’t soak up water like sil, so shake/wipe it off and put it away dry, doesn’t sag, so no getting up in the middle of the night to restake or tighten down because of wet windy conditions, and less prone to condensation issues.

@Kevin_t

Serious question. When is the Eolus going to get a stove jack option?

I believe the Silex pitches closer to the ground, but a stove option for the Eolus seems like a no brainer. Unless I’m missing something?? Thanks!

OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Kevin_t

Serious question. When is the Eolus going to get a stove jack option?

I believe the Silex pitches closer to the ground, but a stove option for the Eolus seems like a no brainer. Unless I’m missing something?? Thanks!

It should be order able in the next few days. In short, we really wanted to have both tents out before offering it.

Bearsears

WKR
I've used it quite a bit this summer and I couldnt be happier. I do still wish it went all the way to the ground at the vestibules. But it's so big there is plenty of coverage anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used it quite a bit this summer and I couldnt be happier. I do still wish it went all the way to the ground at the vestibules. But it's so big there is plenty of coverage anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture that shows what you mean?