Seek Outside Fit and Finish

mt100gr.

WKR
I received my new Broadwing 7000 pack from Seek Outside yesterday and just wanted to complement that company as well as alert other members : if you are looking for a VERY nicely built pack, consider SO. Their shelters get a lot of love and I own more than a couple myself, but their packs, I feel are kind of in the "sleeper" category. You have to go looking for info while some other packs get all the frenzied fame.

Anyway, I have owned them ALL except Exo (5 different frames and numerous pack bags) and as far as attention to detail and cleanliness of the construction, I would rank Seek Outside number one. It's dang nice. I know their packs are plenty stout and i just hope their suspension is the fit I have been looking for.

With any luck I will be putting a New Mexico Barbary Sheep in it early next month.

Lawnboi

WKR
They make a good shelter I know that, I'm beyond pleased with the build of my cimmaron.

Iv been eyeballing the Gila pack, for a summer backpacking/canoe pack. 3500 and less than 3lbs!

Wont be happening this year though.

matthewmt

WKR
I had a paradox setup, it was really comfortable and I've wanted to try a revolution frame setup ever since.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
For me, the revolution frame and suspension is very comfortable with most loads. I've carried loads up to about 100 lbs without much loss in comfort (beyond what is expected at 100 lbs). I also recently received a Broadwing bag and agree that the pack is very well constructed and the finish is nice. I also like the fact that the bags are highly water resistant. I'm sending the Broadwing back because the pockets don't fit my needs as well as I had hoped. See my thread from a couple of days ago. I'll be purchasing a Brooks because I think it is perfect for my needs/wants. I'll be keeping the revolution panel so I can still run a couple of Frankenpack setups that have worked for me in certain situations in the past. I'll be interested to see if there is any noticeable difference between the integrated frame and the revolution (breakaway) setup. But I also think SO is a very good company that flies under the radar in some cases.

FURMAN

WKR
I love the Revolution frame. It is impressively comfortable with 100lbs in it. I love the Peregrine 3500 and the Broadwing 7000.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Interesting. Id like to check one out at some point. I'm actually thinking of getting a few tarps from them

I wonder how many 24 person tarps they actually sell.

Seth1913

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting. Id like to check one out at some point. I'm actually thinking of getting a few tarps from them

I wonder how many 24 person tarps they actually sell.

I have the 3900 unaweep based on the evolution frame (no frame sheet or cross stay) and I love it. What part of NM you from? I bounce around from southern Colorado and northern NM

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the 3900 unaweep based on the evolution frame (no frame sheet or cross stay) and I love it. What part of NM you from? I bounce around from southern Colorado and northern NM

I grew up in Los Alamos, but went to school and lived in Albuquerque for ~12 years, living up in AK now.

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of interest what other brand packs have you used on the Revolution frame, Rossi??

I've put a Kuiu Icon Pro 1850 and Ultra 3000 on the frame. The 1850 works well as a day pack with the ability to haul meat. I tried the 3000 because I wanted a bit more room for late season when I bring more clothes, etc. I didn't like the layout of the 3000, so I got rid of it.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
I've put a Kuiu Icon Pro 1850 and Ultra 3000 on the frame. The 1850 works well as a day pack with the ability to haul meat. I tried the 3000 because I wanted a bit more room for late season when I bring more clothes, etc. I didn't like the layout of the 3000, so I got rid of it.

Thanks, good to know what other brands of pack will fit on it 😀

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
I had to play around with attachment methods but using a combination of g-hooks and gatekeepers, the bags attach pretty cleanly.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is a quick little video showing ways to save weight on the suspension without cutting or sewing. In this we had a functional and still capable suspension in the 2lb 3 ounce range. In this configuration it is still a capable pack for big loads, it would just require a bit more care.

[video=youtube_share;2qFDSFLPBBE]https://youtu.be/2qFDSFLPBBE[/video]

Rokwiia

WKR
I'll be interested to see if there is any noticeable difference between the integrated frame and the revolution (breakaway) setup. But I also think SO is a very good company that flies under the radar in some cases.

I'm deciding between the integrated and revolution platforms as well and would value any thoughts or experience in this regard. My use would be backpacking and bushwhacking so I wouldn't be hauling any meat. Other than a few ounce penalty, I can't see the downside to the revolution (breakaway) platform.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The frames are the same between the two platforms. So are the hipbelts and shoulder harnesses, so all of our packs carry very similarly and all have the same load rating.

The integrated packs ship with one horizontal cross stay, except the Brooks which ships with two. The Revolution has two.

In general, I use an integrated pack for backpacking, fishing, or similar pursuits. I like a Revolution if I'll be carrying a treestand, or maybe have to pack out an animal on a dayhunt, or for a gear intensive trip.

I have one Revolution setup right now with a trash can zip tied to it. It makes it quick to throw hand tools or a chainsaw into. Can't do that as easily with an integrated pack.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
One more difference between integrated and revolution - adaptability of frame height.

The Integrated packs are designed for a specific frame height - Gila & Divide are 24", Unaweep, Exposure, Brooks are 26". You can run any of these on a 24, 26, or 28 inch frame, but they aren't as dialed for other heights as they are for the height they're optimized for.

With the Revolution it is really dialed for 24 or 28. You can run 26 no problem, but it probably does both a 24 and 28 inch better than than an integrated pack will.

Why does this matter? If I pack into a basecamp and then dayhunt from there I can use a 28" frame to pack in, shrink down to 24 to hunt with a smaller pack, than go back to 28 if I get an animal down.

Akicita

WKR
My Unaweep 6300 Fortress will be with me on my Denali summit attempt. I plan on using it for approach and mid altitude cache hauling. . . Lord willing I might even take it to the top if I am fortunate enough to get there.

5hUUCuI.jpg