Seek Outside Flight Two Pack - testing and review **Updated 12/15/21**

Geardo

FNG
I ended up buying one of these based on this review. It does seem like an awesome pack but unfortunately I bought the wrong frame size. It does pack very well, and I can tell the longer frame is going to be super comfy.

It reminds me of my favorite daypack ever, and old REI brand pack with a similar sized frame.

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up buying one of these based on this review. It does seem like an awesome pack but unfortunately I bought the wrong frame size. It does pack very well, and I can tell the longer frame is going to be super comfy.

It reminds me of my favorite daypack ever, and old REI brand pack with a similar sized frame.
What size is your torso? I have a 22" being derived here today, I have a 18" torso.

Geardo

FNG
What size is your torso? I have a 22" being derived here today, I have a 18" torso.

I’m not sure to be honest. I tried to measure it with my wife’s help and got 17”. I am 5-10.

But a HPG UTE with 24” stays and 26” overall height is still not quite tall enough to get a 45 deg load lifters angle so I have come to the conclusion I have a very long torso.

I’d also point out it was fine at 22 pounds but sagged with an extra 10 pounds of water weight.

It’s obvious looking at this picture that my torso is much longer than 17”. Lol.
3C64F471-03FF-4B33-90B1-430FEB33DF16.jpeg

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure to be honest. I tried to measure it with my wife’s help and got 17”. I am 5-10.

But a HPG UTE with 24” stays and 26” overall height is still not quite tall enough to get a 45 deg load lifters angle so I have come to the conclusion I have a very long torso.

I’d also point out it was fine at 22 pounds but sagged with an extra 10 pounds of water weight.

It’s obvious looking at this picture that my torso is much longer than 17”. Lol.
View attachment 375651
I am by no means an expert, but in my research of the flight packs I've seen them sitting much higher, are you able to adjust the height of the waist belt at all? I am 5'10 as well and have along torso, but I fall into the 22" frame on the seek outside chart on their website.

At 2:30 you'll see how much high his pack is on his waist belt.

Last edited:

Geardo

FNG
I am by no means an expert, but in my research of the flight packs I've seen them sitting much higher, are you able to adjust the height of the waist belt at all? I am 5'10 as well and have along torso, but I fall into the 22" frame on the seek outside chart on their website.

At 2:30 you'll see how much high his pack is on his waist belt.

I could probably cinch it up a little higher, but then it’s really squishing my guts. Where it’s at in that pic is actually with a HPg recon belt to get more height, and the top of my iliac crest is in the middle of the belt per their instructions. I just have a weird body maybe?

Also being skinny fat and out of shape doesn’t help either.

I think you’ll be fine but you should test it out and post some pics when you get it. From my understanding torso height is not directly correlated to height.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a long torso (not sure exactly how long), but with the 24" frame it was still too short for me. If you know someone that can sew (and with the right machine too) you can lengthen the frame with a section of tent pole. If of interest, details are on backpackinglight.com

Geardo

FNG
I have a long torso (not sure exactly how long), but with the 24" frame it was still too short for me. If you know someone that can sew (and with the right machine too) you can lengthen the frame with a section of tent pole. If of interest, details are on backpackinglight.com

Yeah I try to avoid modding gear just due to the decrease in value unless I am 100% sure I’m going to keep it. I’m hopefull the 24” will be close enough, and I can sell the 22” and recoup most of my losses, but I was already thinking of doing exactly that. A little tab relocation doesn’t scare me.

My plan was to sew on just some loops, and maybe use some thin HDPE sheet to extend the frame. That way I can use a pair of gate keepers to adjust where the load lifters attach so I can keep it shorter for day hikes and taller when backpacking.

But hopefully I won’t have to do that.

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
I could probably cinch it up a little higher, but then it’s really squishing my guts. Where it’s at in that pic is actually with a HPg recon belt to get more height, and the top of my iliac crest is in the middle of the belt per their instructions. I just have a weird body maybe?

Also being skinny fat and out of shape doesn’t help either.

I think you’ll be fine but you should test it out and post some pics when you get it. From my understanding torso height is not directly correlated to height.
I got the 22" pack and it is a little short, the load lifters don't do much. With a light load it will probably be fine but if I attach my gun to the pack its too much weight for the short frame. Im not sure the 24" would even be tall enough.

1643906607810.jpeg
1643906653524.jpeg

Geardo

FNG
I got the 22" pack and it is a little short, the load lifters don't do much. With a light load it will probably be fine but if I attach my gun to the pack its too much weight for the short frame. Im not sure the 24" would even be tall enough.

View attachment 376075
View attachment 376076

Well shoot man I’m sorry. Looks like we are the same build. I’ll let you know when my 24” shows up. I guess I ain’t doing myself any favors trying to sell my 22" and pushing this thread along. Haha.

Are you going to send it back or just rock it as a day pack? Or try to extend the frame?

It feels like such an awesome pack I don’t want to give up on it and I suck at quitting while I’m ahead (or not too far behind)

If you have other belts you can try those. I also tried attaching some paracord to the bottom compression tabs and around the belt to lift the pack another inch.

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
Well shoot man I’m sorry. Looks like we are the same build. I’ll let you know when my 24” shows up. I guess I ain’t doing myself any favors trying to sell my 22" and pushing this thread along. Haha.

Are you going to send it back or just rock it as a day pack? Or try to extend the frame?

It feels like such an awesome pack I don’t want to give up on it and I suck at quitting while I’m ahead (or not too far behind)

If you have other belts you can try those. I also tried attaching some paracord to the bottom compression tabs and around the belt to lift the pack another inch.
My plan was to use it as a day pack, I may just keep it even though it might struggle a little with my gun attached.

I bought it used off here (it’s the flight one) so I can recoup my investment if needed.

Can you share a pic of the paracord? Another inch may be all I need.

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
If you get a chance to measure your torso please share.

Geardo

FNG
My plan was to use it as a day pack, I may just keep it even though it might struggle a little with my gun attached.

I bought it used off here (it’s the flight one) so I can recoup my investment if needed.

Can you share a pic of the paracord? Another inch may be all I need.

Yeah I will tonight.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Where are the top of your iliac ? Usually those match up to the elbow .. however they can be lower on some people. Our recommendations are based on the belt being centered over the Illiac crest. If you prefer to wear it lower, which some do, then that will need to figured into the fit.

FWIW , because many do prefer it a little lower, we are changing frame heights to 23 / 25 this year.

Geardo

FNG
Where are the top of your iliac ? Usually those match up to the elbow .. however they can be lower on some people. Our recommendations are based on the belt being centered over the Illiac crest. If you prefer to wear it lower, which some do, then that will need to figured into the fit.

FWIW , because many do prefer it a little lower, we are changing frame heights to 23 / 25 this year.

I think that’s the right decision. My top of my illiac is almost 2” below my elbow.

I just ordered a 24” yesterday, don’t think it’s shipped yet. How long would I have to wait for a 25”?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think that’s the right decision. My top of my illiac is almost 2” below my elbow.

I just ordered a 24” yesterday, don’t think it’s shipped yet. How long would I have to wait for a 25”?
not sure .. probably pretty soon on 25

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes , you can add a talon , yes to bladder there is a discreet center port at top of frame

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
I have very little experience with backpacks and did adjust where the belt sat on my iliac which helped a ton (I also moved the belt down on the Velcro). I would still benefit from a taller frame but the 22” does work even with my rifle attached.

I got a deal on the pack so I’ll at least work with it for a little while and see how I like it.
E3DEF96E-D761-4CCC-AF87-547505C1DB16.jpeg