Seek Outside Gila

Rokwiia

WKR
I have a SO Revolution Fortress 6300 that is my main backpack. I love it. Looking for a lightweight overnight/weekend pack and am strongly considering the SO Gila.

It is on the Integrated vs Breakway platform, has the Revloution frame, and can haul a lot of weight if necessary. The gray version is in X21 Xpac and weighs only 2lbs 15oz. I could remove the cross stay and get it down to 2lbs 10oz.

Does anyone have any experience with this backpack?

https://seekoutside.com/gila-ultralight-backpack-gray/

Last edited:
My buddy has the gila and loves it, ive seen him hike out over 100lbs and he has bad knees and hips

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
For whatever reason, the Gila isn't the first name one thinks of in the SO line. It's not likely someone's first choice for packing meat but I wonder if it could be your first choice for doing overnights/weekends scouting out an area.

Looks like a great option for your niche

super light, sleek, and streamlined. For hauling meat in your bag, SO makes the most sense of any pack company with their ability to haul heavy weight well and the x pac bags that are so easy to clean.

I think you would really like it

nice! keep us posted, i bet that is going to be an awesome pack... same weight as a lightweight frameless pack with some serious load carrying capability..... it sounds like a very cool pack. you already know their frame system works well for you, so there is no chance of the pack not being a great addition for you

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
The SO Gila arrived yesterday. It is sweet and remarkably lightweight. You can feel the difference between the X-Pac materials, X-42 and X-21.

I immediately removed the cross stay, which will save a small amount of weight, and lowered the pack to the bottom grommet. Will take it on a short-spin, day hike this coming weekend to see how it feels will a little weight in it.

The good news is that certain accessories I bought and use with the Revolution Fortress 6,300, such as a top lid and belt pouches, can easily be switched to the Gila if needed. I plan to keep it bare bones and lightweight.

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
The custom route and the multicam is the way to go. I love the breakaway platform as well and have it with my Revolution Fortress 6,300. The purpose of the Gila was to get the lightest weight possible yet be able to haul up to 50 lbs if I wanted (or needed).

As you already know, we can order custom bags to use with either the breakway or integrated platforms.
Happy trails with your Gila!!

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
I decided to order a top lid in X-21 along with the new hipbelt pockets in SpectraGrid. The hipbelt pockets will always be used but if I decide I don't need the top lid, it comes off in a few seconds.

I am very pleased with this setup.

Attachments

• SO Gila.jpg
    SO Gila.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 46
  • SO Gila right side.jpg
    SO Gila right side.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 46

UncleMike

FNG
This is my first post here.

I ordered a Seek Outside Gila after reading all of the excellent user experiences. Anyway, the pack arrived yesterday and I have to say it is amazing. I ordered the Spectra material for the pack and the belt pockets and it is very sweet looking.

So here is the crazy part......today I received a second identical pack. Not sure how this happened but Seek Outsides customer service is very accommodating. If I needed two I wouldn't send it back.

Anyway, the spectra color is very cool. I am posting a photo of the material as I really couldn't find great images online.

Uncle MikeIMG_0367.JPG

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
Congrats on the new pack. I like the look in all Spectra and it will be light. There is a slight difference in color between the Spectra and the gray X21 as can be seen in the Spectra pockets on my Gila. Also, your pack has less of a sheen to it which is good.

I would have gotten an all Spectra pack as well but where I go it is always wet so the waterproofness of the X-Pac material was the deciding factor.

Moreover, the option to buy just a Spectra bag is an option. Kid in a candy store!

Enjoy!

Last edited: