Seek Outside glass tarp

gfreidy

WKR
Question: Can the LBO 3P vestibule be used independently from the LBO base? Looking for a glassing/emergency shelter and prefer it to be as light as possible. Leaning towards the Kifaru sheep tarp, but I have had outstanding use of all my SO shelters (DST, Silvertip, Cimarron). Just prefer something lighter than the DST for this use.

OP
gfreidy

gfreidy

WKR
Was gifted a sheep tarp (thanks nephew!). Looks like it will be just fine as a glassing shelter and UL sleep shelter. Anxious to try it out during scouting.

OP
gfreidy

gfreidy

WKR
Still curious if a 3P vestibule can be pitched independent of the LBO base. Any thoughts? I kind of expect the pole pocket to be in the base and the vestibule to only have a zipper without a tie out on the peak.

There is a line lock at the top of the vestibule so you could use cordage to make a loop for a trekking pole then extend to a guy out. It’s small but at least one person laying (maybe two sitting)

Calbuck

WKR
I bought 4 yards of Silnylon and some woven 3/8" nylon webbing and sewed my own 6x9 tarp with loops down the center seam and at all corners..cost me $38 and a little time