Seek Outside Guardian Sneak Peek

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider

We've been working on this tent for a while now. The Guardian is a big brother to the Silex, and is about as light as you can go for a two person hot tent.

The Guardian has the higher opening door (similar to Silex) that allows you to enter by squatting down instead of going to your knees (Eolus has knee height).

It also sleeps two pretty comfortably, and will do two with a small UL wood stove. It's a big tent for one guy, but still light enough to pack for that purpose.

I hunt solo or with Kevin pretty often, and I have a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. This tent makes sense for me because it's light enough to solo, but big enough to squeeze in company if needed.

We don't have a release date yet...the pandemic slowed down product dev quite a bit, so it's likely this will be late fall or early 2022.
At one time I thought I heard this shelter would have a sod skirt. Is this correct? Thanks

gabenzeke

WKR
Has anyone gotten this video to work? I'm interested in this tent....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fulton

FNG
It worked a couple of days ago for me. Now asking me to sign in if I have permission.

Shelter looked roomy and they talked about using an Eolous nest in it currently as it fits pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool. I love my Silex for a solo shelter, but I'd only go 2 people if it was my wife with me. The Guardian will definitely fill a niche.
the silex is like having a shortbed pickup.... i'd love to help you move, but..... big little 1 man, which is perfect for me

i'm certainly curious about the guardian though... it sounds like a good option when my wife starts coming with me on backpack hunts

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, or you can get two UL tent poles. We sell some that are very light. I have a little gadget on my trekking poles that lets me use them as shooting sticks or a bipod, so I don't like to sacrifice my trekking poles to the tent.
What's the gadget your using?

solo06

FNG
Would like to get an idea of how this differs from the Eolus so I can make a purchase decision or wait.
From what I've read...

The Eolus and Guardian are both 2-person shelters.

The Silex can pitch to the ground, or off the ground for more ventilation, but the Eolus can only be pitched off the ground, so the Eolus always has ventilation around the perimeter.

Maximum ventilation would be better for hot weather and/or controlling condensation, but not so good for windy or cold weather conditions.

The Silex can come with a stove jack, the Eolus cannot.

The original post in this thread described the Guardian as the big brother to the Silex, and that the Guardian can be used as a hot tent.

So, I think the main differences between the Eolus and Guardian 2-person shelters are that the Guardian will be able to be pitched to the ground and have a stove jack, while the Eolus has neither of these capabilities.

The Guardian is also supposed to have doors that open a little higher than the Eolus, similar in design to the Silex, so the Guardian should be a little easier to enter than the Eolus.

If you're only using the shelter in warm/hot weather, you could get the Eolus. But, that doesn't necessarily make it better than the Guardian in hot weather, because although the Guardian can be pitch to the ground, I'm assuming the Guardian can also be pitched off the ground (like the Silex can be) giving it perimeter ventilation like the Eolus. And, you can always also open the Guardian's doors as little or as much as you'd like, for as much ventilation as you'd like.

If you want to pitch your shelter to the ground, use the shelter in colder weather, and/or use a stove, get the Guardian.

Personally, I wonder if the Eolus will become obsolete once the Guardian is released because they're the same size and the Guardian just seems like a more versatile shelter.

shawdawg

FNG
Video doesn't work. Can't wait to see it. I have another shelter in my near future and this might fit the bill

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think they made it private after the initial release of it. Should be pretty soon that we get to see the final product since Kevin said March or April just a few posts up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Franger

FNG
@Kevin_t

Any updates on release estimate? Ideally I’d like to purchase my next shelter before the spring/summer rush to cut down on lead times and get familiar before August.