Seek Outside Lanner Testing & Review

bmf0713

WKR
Looks like exactly what I want. I was actually on their website the other day when I got an email about their BYOB packs so I went in and designed a custom one that I wanted and didn’t even realize it but it was the exact same as the lanner. I’ve been passing up killer sales on mysteryranch this week and think I’m gonna drop some more coin and get the lanner.

Bearsears

WKR
Here's a few more shots of the Lanner from an overnighter I did with my dog. Rained on us pretty good and the mesh pocket came in handy to shove my wet rain gear and SO Eolus in. I had about 40 lbs in it and it felt great. I havent put alot of weight in this bag yet, but I do ruck training every week with 60lbs of sand or sometimes 75lbs dumbells at the gym on the frame. This frame carrys weight very comfortably. I was sceptical about the belt at first but when I added their lumbar pad (I have a pretty deep curved back) I now really love it.
b5fb24778ee6469761e55f10f1229915.jpg
f73ab63803a645c047ea79ee4ce8e3c6.jpg
75c8254d1c54f80af872288ae729b021.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just a quick update on the pack. I’ve been using it a lot on scouting missions mostly with day loads and as a load hauler at work packing wet waders and survey equipment. I’m gearing up for a 10 day canoe trip in British Columbia with a ton of portages. This pack will be coming along to help keep the weight out of the canoe. The weather sealed nature of the bag should help keep gear dry as well. I’ll report back again after the trip.

- Josh

38455dded74202367b4ba73536678bcb.jpg

b9ad398d7b250e8fddb656558b44b95f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildwillalaska

Lil-Rokslider
Those with the Lanner, if someone wanted to use a hydration sleeve, which fit the small tab loops? Tried to use my ULA sleeve, but the attachment clips wouldn’t fit.

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do the same thing. Just a couple of loops and I hang my MSR bladder in any pack I want.

I've received a new-for-2019 Seek Outside Lanner 5400 mounted on a Revolution Frame for extended testing and review. The idea is to put the pack to use through my standard abuse of backcountry work and play and report back with my thoughts on it's functional uses in a formal review. I'll keep this thread updated with photo's and updates throughout the testing. Let me know if there are any questions or specific features you'd like to know about.

After pulling the pack from the box this weekend here are a few initial thoughts:
The bag is big: enough room for a 10+ day trip.
View attachment 90690

The zippered outside security pockets and side pockets are going to be great for organizing gear and packing any size spotting scope, tripod, or a rifle. Also the full length side zipper is robust and will make accessing the main bag really easy. The torso adjustment and waist belt adjustments were easy and seem comfortable. There are a ton of compression strap locations which will help secure large loads although it took me a while to come around to the Gatekeeper style of straps and attachment.
View attachment 90691
View attachment 90692
View attachment 90693
View attachment 90694

-Josh
Nice looking pack! It does look large but with that being said. I'd imagine when going on a 5 to 10 day hunt you would want room for a fair bit of gear.

mt100gr.

WKR
I finally got a chance to play with my lanner a little and i have a question. Did you all receive the correct buckles to tie back the roll top when it's not completely full? I didnt get anything but compression straps with mine and it looks like a male/female SR clip would be slick to pull the two sides of the roll top down on the sides like in SO's pictures. Anyone have pics of what came with their pack? Thanks.

Ranger619

WKR
Mine came with a set of straps that had male/female buckles to pulls the roll top down. It also had an over the top strap too.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I finally got a chance to play with my lanner a little and i have a question. Did you all receive the correct buckles to tie back the roll top when it's not completely full? I didnt get anything but compression straps with mine and it looks like a male/female SR clip would be slick to pull the two sides of the roll top down on the sides like in SO's pictures. Anyone have pics of what came with their pack? Thanks.

If you did not get those just contact our CS and we will get a couple out

Thanks

Bearsears

WKR
I also got straps with the male female quick release buckles on o e side and gate keepers on the other. Photo isnt the greatest but I have those straps connected to the 2nd webbing loop down on the frame. After playing with the pack all summer though, I definitely like using the over the top strap to connect to the top of the stuff pocket. It seems to help keep whatever you have in the stuff pocket tighter higher and more compressed. Hopefully I'll be packing some meat soon with this bad boy.
32e08dcb769569103772b0ef9c76225e.jpg

mt100gr.

WKR
If you did not get those just contact our CS and we will get a couple out

Thanks

I also got straps with the male female quick release buckles on o e side and gate keepers on the other. Photo isnt the greatest but I have those straps connected to the 2nd webbing loop down on the frame. After playing with the pack all summer though, I definitely like using the over the top strap to connect to the top of the stuff pocket. It seems to help keep whatever you have in the stuff pocket tighter higher and more compressed. Hopefully I'll be packing some meat soon with this bad boy.
32e08dcb769569103772b0ef9c76225e.jpg

Thanks guys. I'll give a shout, Kevin.