Seek Outside LBO Advice

Glizock

FNG
I'm looking to purchase my first back country sleep system. I'm hoping to make it a multi-purpose purchase so that I don't have to buy multiple tents. Looking for a little advice if what I'm looking for is possible with the LBO or if I should look at other options. Any input is appreciated.

I am looking at the Base-Tarp-Base or Base-tarp-vestibule options. Archery elk, rifle elk/mule/whitetail. Trying to maximize ability to be modular to drop weight where I can and then expand as the group/setting changes.

I am 6" tall, so I know I won't be able to stand up in the system. How crucial is that for comfort? I feel like when I get older I may want that option, but as of now I don't feel like it's essential. That being said, I would defer to those of you that have more experience in the field.

I will mainly be using the setup in the back country by myself or with one other adult. However, I am thinking of using this as a family camping setup and there is the possibility of 3 possibly 4 adults on the occasional hunting trip. Will this system provide enough space? I'm guessing with the kids, it won't be an issue but adults could get cramped...

Has anyone run into condensation issues? Can/have you run a liner?

Like I said any input or guidance for the LBO (or another recommended setup) is appreciated.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Seek Outside Owner and LBO designer here .. I'll answer best I can.

Condensation - Yes you can have it in the LBO. There is no liner option. In Colorado, I rarely rarely use a liner, but for some people they need one. It depends on how sensitive you are to condensation.

Stand Up Room - It sure is nice , BUT , I rarely have stand up room myself. I usually use a Cimarron but I have carried a Courthouse up 2600 vertical before .. so it depends.

I would also offer two other options, though they will not offer the flexibility of the LBO.
- Cimarron Light .. will be fine for two and a stove .. more without a stove
- LBO - BTB - I've done 3 adults with a stove, 4 could be done .. but might be getting tight
- Redcliff Light - 2 -3 adults .. I know some have done 4 and a stove. If you went Redcliff, I'd pair it with a lighter solo shelter maybe a Silex or Eolus

Kevin

OP
G

Glizock

FNG

Condensation - Yes you can have it in the LBO. There is no liner option. In Colorado, I rarely rarely use a liner, but for some people they need one. It depends on how sensitive you are to condensation.

Stand Up Room - It sure is nice , BUT , I rarely have stand up room myself. I usually use a Cimarron but I have carried a Courthouse up 2600 vertical before .. so it depends.

I would also offer two other options, though they will not offer the flexibility of the LBO.
- LBO - BTB - I've done 3 adults with a stove, 4 could be done .. but might be getting tight
- Redcliff Light - 2 -3 adults .. I know some have done 4 and a stove. If you went Redcliff, I'd pair it with a lighter solo shelter maybe a Silex or Eolus

Kevin

Thanks for the input Kevin.

I tried to find the information on your website and couldn't piece it all together. If you have a moment (or anyone else with the info), when comparing the LBO - BTB and Red cliff, do you know the approximate footprints/weights?

Thanks again.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
About 4 lb 10 - 5 for Redcliff and about 3 - 3.5 for BTB

Footprint - Lbo is just over 8 by 15 essentially , Redcliff is 8.5 - 10 ish / by 14

Kevin
Thanks for the info Kevin.