seek outside LBO base- tarp-base

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone run their little bug out in this configuration? I’m looking at getting the LBO as my solo shelter but on one hunt this year I will be in a group of 3 , wondering if there is room with the tarp connecting two bases for a stove for 3 or how tight it is without a stove even. I’d like to hear some experiences of people trying this set up.

zloomis

Lil-Rokslider
My brother and I ran the base/tarp/3 piece vestibule on a winter snowshoe trip. It was roomy for 2 with a stove and a lot of winter gear. But I don't like having our bags very close to the stove so I might not want to try for 3. I think 3 with a stove would be fine if you swapped the vestibule with another base like you said, or if you don't mind it being a little more snug.

Also Seek Outside has panoramic photos of the base/tarp/base with a stove to help you picture what room you'll have to work with.

https://seekoutside.com/shelters-in-360-vr-look-around-views/

brisket

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve not run a stove yet, but I’m confident there is enough space for 3 with the stove in the base tarp base configuration

OP
R

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
This is what I was looking for, thanks guys. Looks like that will be the route I go this year.

Autonamic

FNG
3 people without a stove, very comfortable. 3 with a stove, wood pile, and gear will be pretty tight but probably doable with a creative sleep configuration. I’ve only ran it with 2 plus stove, gear, wood and it felt like the ideal setup.

345697456b655587c05a9b81dfb5f672.jpg

How does it hold up in the wind in this configuration? I have a base + vestibule for solo but was thinking of getting a cimaron instead of the connecting tarp for 2

Base tarp base works great, and it a palace for 2 people. As stated above 3 guys, gear, woodpile and stove could get kinda tricky but very doable.
acd648f708cec7cef7eb1637d767b180.jpg

Tough to tell from picture but two guys (with a yard sale of gear), stove and woodpile still lots of room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, it can get a little tight with two guys, and stove and gear. I got sick of having to crawl over everything when entering/exiting the tent. I don't have any experience with tipis, but if I were going with 2 or more guys, I'd look at the 6 or 8 man tipi. Split it up between everyone and you'll have a palace. I'm looking for a sawtooth to replace my LBO.

We ran base, tarpX2, base and stove for a base camp for 4 guys last year and it was legit.

abeaa5a46bb30fd4b59ed49a10b56682.jpg

Wrongside

WKR
Base tarp base works great, and it a palace for 2 people. As stated above 3 guys, gear, woodpile and stove could get kinda tricky but very doable.
acd648f708cec7cef7eb1637d767b180.jpg

Tough to tell from picture but two guys (with a yard sale of gear), stove and woodpile still lots of room.

x2. 2 of us took a LBO Base+Tarp+Base w/ small stove sheephunting this year. It's a palace for two guys and all gear.
We ran base, tarpX2, base and stove for a base camp for 4 guys last year and it was legit.

abeaa5a46bb30fd4b59ed49a10b56682.jpg

LOL. That's so awesome.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I ran a LBO and vestibule for a year and loved the layout. What caused me to ditch the set up instead of expanding it was the zipper guard in the wind... literally didn’t sleep for 2 nights in a wind storm, we tried everything from taping it down to pulling it in the zipper. Just FLAP FLAP FLAP FLAP all night. I talked in detail with seek and it was a issue that has come up before but they said my only option was to cut it off and expose the zipper. Sold it and grabbed a silver tip and cimmarom instead of another base. No wind and it’s the finest design ever.

x2. 2 of us took a LBO Base+Tarp+Base w/ small stove sheephunting this year. It's a palace for two guys and all gear.

LOL. That's so awesome.

That’s sweet. Was wondering if you can do that as I have 4 in our hunting party. Would be nice to be able to break down multiple pieces and be mobile in different ways or come together and have one nice big shelter What would you need without a stove and with 4 guys and a each with a weeks worth of archery equipment? Base tarp base too small?

Wrongside

WKR
That’s sweet. Was wondering if you can do that as I have 4 in our hunting party. Would be nice to be able to break down multiple pieces and be mobile in different ways or come together and have one nice big shelter What would you need without a stove and with 4 guys and a each with a weeks worth of archery equipment? Base tarp base too small?

IMO/E, it'd be doable without a stove and a organized group of guys. But one slob and that's all out the door. ;)

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've had hunting partners that took up most of an 8 man tipi by themselves. Some folks are just like that and need a camper more than a tent.

So would you be able to fit 4. In a base tarp x2 base with a stove. Is it a waste to do that and not go with a tipi?

CSTRUPP

FNG
3 people without a stove, very comfortable. 3 with a stove, wood pile, and gear will be pretty tight but probably doable with a creative sleep configuration. I’ve only ran it with 2 plus stove, gear, wood and it felt like the ideal setup.

345697456b655587c05a9b81dfb5f672.jpg

I am looking at getting this same setup for two guys plus gear. Did you use one of the Seek Outside stoves? If so, which one?