Seek Outside LBO video back up...

Lots of PM's received to see the video that I did on the SO LBO shelter... Figured I'd throw it back up for those of you who wanted to see it instead of dealing with all the PM's! :)

Again sorry about the watermark for the first minute of the video, call me cheap buy my camera records video in Quicktime video format instead of .wmv format so I use a free video conversion software to convert it to .wmv format and compress it for upload!

If anybody has any questions let me know and I'll see if I can answer them. My Borah Gear bivy should be shipping this week as well so should be ready for a trial run here in the next week or three! :)

[video=vimeo;62265027]https://vimeo.com/62265027[/video]

https://vimeo.com/62265027

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Hey Mike, do you plan on picking up the vestibule for that thing?
-Dave

Indeed I do. Not sure if I want to pick up the vestibule or upgrade my sleeping bag and pad this year. I can shave about 4 lbs off my pack weight by going with the quilt and upgraded pad so that is taking priority I believe.

Mike

DWarcher

WKR
Indeed I do. Not sure if I want to pick up the vestibule or upgrade my sleeping bag and pad this year. I can shave about 4 lbs off my pack weight by going with the quilt and upgraded pad so that is taking priority I believe.

Mike

You sound like me...my list keeps growing longer by the day.
-Dave

OP
HellsCanyon
^No Joke... but in reality I'm very budget based and I've been using my current Thermarest pad and Marmot 20* downbag for the last few years with no complaints except the weight. I'll likely pick something up before hunting season but there's zero reason they won't work for another year. Certainly won't keep me from shooting anything that's for sure... Don't have any late season trips planned either where a wood stove is needed so I'm trying to prioritize what gear I need and for what hunt! :)

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Here's a few more pictures. Got my Borah Gear sidezip bivy in the other day so I just had to set it up and see how it'll work for me... :)
I talked with Kevin of SO over the phone and he mentioned they were trying some new pitches with the LBO using a rear trekking pole in the rear most tie-out. This is my interpretation of what he was walking about and I gotta say that this really maximizes the square footage of the shelter! Same amount of stakes used (9), just a few half hitches over the rear treking pole using the rear most guy-line then staked it down. This would most definitely work for two people like this with a bit of room for gear. With 1 person and gear it'll be a palace...

IMG_0763_zpsfee59e80.jpg

IMG_0764_zps624575e6.jpg

IMG_0765_zpsa7064d25.jpg

IMG_0766_zps43093758.jpg

IMG_0767_zpsade147f5.jpg

I moved the bivy to the front of the shelter about even with the front stake loops (still fully covered). You can really see how much room that leaves for gear in this configuration... I bet there's a solid 4 1/2 ft between the edge of the bag and the rear of the shelter...
IMG_0770_zps3dcf5d81.jpg

IMG_0771_zpsb87c3a95.jpg

Mike

Finally had the chance to set the LBO up. I'm impressed with it so far. I picked up the 64" carbon fiber pole as well. I'm not sure if I'll take it with me all the time, but it is pretty nice to not lose the use of a trekking pole and at 4.5oz its pretty light. With the Carbon pole, LBO w/guy lines , and 8 titanium tent stakes it hits the scale at 22oz

attachment.php

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This weekend I will be using the BCS, the next will be the LBO. I have all of the options available, so any picture requests send them my way. I will for sure set up the vestibule/tarp/vestibule option. I haven't seen any pics of that floating around.

Here is one of the BCS, will have more after this weekend.

Attachments

• BCS.JPG
    BCS.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 42