Seek Outside LBO w/ 3 Peice Shelter or Cimarron??

Wooderson604

Lil-Rokslider
If you have either of these shelters I would appreciate your experiences with them and any opinions you have. I plan on using it for either a solo or two person shelter and intend on using a stove. My typical hunt is a 2-5 day trip with the potential of longer trips occasionally. Anyone use the cimarron for a solo shelter? Is it overkill? This will be my first floorless shelter and want any guidance you might have. I would also appreciate any alternative shelters you have found to be comparable. Thanks in advance.

reaper

WKR
LBO +3pv is too small for 2 guys ,gear and stove,if you want to do that go with base+tarp+base or base+tarp+3pv.If most of the time youll be alone go with LBO+3pv.
CIMARRON will be nice for two with stove and a castle for you alone.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
Lbo
04dfdd2602876e07e24daae0c949d922.jpg
5fc36e25860aae880f9301102d3a808f.jpg
5cc17155ad63106703dfb1049bbbf5a5.jpg

I have an 8 man and I would carry that solo with an XL stove for a spike camp no questions. Honestly an 8 man with no stove is very comparable size and weight wise to a large 2 man double wall tent. My point being that I would go big. The floorless shelters are such a weight savings.

lugi06

FNG
I was just contemplating this same question (first time going floorless as well) and opted to go with the Cimarron over the LBO (just purchased it yesterday). I would not hesitate to take it solo and will be using it for me and my brother with a stove come September. Sorry, no actual experience with it...yet.

OP
W

Wooderson604

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input guys. seldomseensmith, I have been thinking that the weight would not be the issue as they are both remarkably light and packable. Love the pics Reaper, much appreciated. Let me know how it goes Lugi06, any input is appreciated.

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Cimarron and it is plenty big for two and a stove. Solo it is probably overkill but it's light so what the hell.

dog812

WKR
What pole do you guys use? I see the seek one for the lbo is non adjustable, how do you adjust for more or less space at the bottom for air flow?

mlob1one

WKR
LBO +3pv is too small for 2 guys ,gear and stove,if you want to do that go with base+tarp+base or base+tarp+3pv.If most of the time youll be alone go with LBO+3pv.
CIMARRON will be nice for two with stove and a castle for you alone.

Ditto!

I run LBO with 3pv solo and it's awesome. For 2-3 with a stove I really like base+tarp+3pv. The modularity of the LBO is what won me over.

You can't lose either way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have both and have used both a fair bit. Like others have said, if you want to run a stove definitely go with the Cimarron. LBO is a great 1-2 person shelter with gear, but with a stove it is too small. With 2 guys, gear and a stove the Cimarron is perfect. If you want a one person + stove shelter check out the silvertip.