Seek Outside mesh Talon built in or detachable?

Rokwiia

WKR
I'm a fan of mesh on the face of a backpack to carry moist clothing or gear. When separately ordering a larger-sized bag (4,800-6,300ci) for your SO, would you prefer the mesh built into the pack as a pocket or use a detachable mesh Talon?

Having it built in as a pocket frees up 6 attachment tabs and reduces straps which is a good thing. However, having it as a separate attachment probably allows for more usable space than the built-in mesh pocket. Here is a mesh Talon on my Revolution 6,300.

I'm going to order a 6,300 bag for my integrated SO backpack and haven't decided whether to have it built in or separate.

Which one is your preference?

Seek Outside Fortress 6,300.jpg

Last edited:

KieranC

FNG
I have a Lanner, and over the season I ended up using the front mesh pocket for pretty much everything I need for the day. And almost never really went into my main bag.

(Mid November in BC , extra large butt pad , wool sweater, puffy jacket, puffy pants , snowboard gloves , rain jacket, rain pants , micro spike crampons and lunch)

From what I can see in your photo the talon version doesn't look much bigger than the built in version.

I really like how easy it is to just stuff everything into it and go. (Although I'm sure the mesh talon is very similar in that way)

I got my day pack system down to one 3 way strap over the top and two extra long compression straps across the front .

* I don't quite have the mesh pocket maxed out in the photos attached but was rigged the same way when I had all items listed above.

20211106_165910.jpg20211106_170137.jpg

Not to hijack the original question, but are you able to carry your rifle on your shoulder without it falling off when day hunting? I used to just wear a day pack, but am looking at the lanner and a couple of kifaru packs to just wear as my day pack instead.

KieranC

FNG
Not to hijack the original question, but are you able to carry your rifle on your shoulder without it falling off when day hunting? I used to just wear a day pack, but am looking at the lanner and a couple of kifaru packs to just wear as my day pack instead.
I've not found it any different than any other pack I've owned, slides off from time to time if just on the shoulder

However the way that seekoutside pack external frame is I can hang/hook my rifle on the frame and it stays on incredibly well , even when hiking down steep hills or thick bush

but on a side note if your interested.... I also rigged up a under arm carry in about 15mins (I tried to copy the kifaru gun barrer)

I sewed together some old straps the night before a hunt, and although I'm going to make some adjustments to the lower part that the but of my rifle sits in. It worked extremely well

Took the weight of my rifle better than just having it on my shoulder

Was really it really quick to deploy

And it was really easy to switch it from the right to left side (I would switch it every other day )

Haha I know you didn't ask but just thought I'd share cuz I'm so glad I didn't drop $50 on the gun barrer that can't be switched.
...also the lanner is an amazing pack very versatile and light a bit tricky to get used too
But I found it to be a great day pack when compressed and also had no problem fitting enough gear for 5-7 day late season hunt.

20211101_231306.jpg20211101_231234.jpg20211101_231414.jpg