Seek Outside new hipbelt pockets

Rokwiia

WKR
Today, I received two of the new and improved hipbelt pockets. They will go on my gray (X21) Gila and they were ordered in SpectraGrid. The first thing I noticed is how lightweight they are.

I just finished installing on the hipbelt and it was very easy. They don't move around at all and can be installed in various locations on the hipbelt. I installed the left side as far forward as possible and the right one about 1 1/4" farther back. I'll be hiking tomorrow and will report on which location on the hipbelt works best for me.

I also have on my Fortress 6,300 the larger halfmoon-style hipbelt pockets SO has had for a while. They hold more but I think the new designed pockets will be much easier to access. For comparative purposes, I've included a picture showing the older-style pocket as well.

SO Spectra rightside hipbelt pocket.jpgSO Spectra leftside hipbelt pocket.jpgSO older-style hipbelt pocket.jpg

Last edited:
The old style are great for storage but a pain to access.. I like how these new one look,, I should order 2 asap!!

Any chance you could help us out with the size of those pockets? SO hasn't posted that yet. Really hoping they will fit my iPhone 12.

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
Roughly 7" x 5" and it can stretch out at the ends if needed giving sleightly more length.

Attachments

• 20210710_081531 (002).jpg
    20210710_081531 (002).jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 29
  • SO Hipbelt pocket 3.jpg
    SO Hipbelt pocket 3.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

tdot

WKR
Thanks for posting the dimensions. I've asked SO several times for that information and not received it. Unsure why they think it's so top secret.