Seek Outside- No DCF?

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else notice that SO (at least right now) does not have DCF tents up for sale anymore? Not sure if this is a site glitch, or if they are not selling them right now? Was wanting to look at the Silex in DCF, but none of their DCF stuff is on the site. Huh.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dyneema prices are going up a fair amount, they have had some internal issues, and lead times for fabric are closer to 6 months, plus they doubled what the minimum order should be. Frankly, it is almost like they don't want to really be in that business.

Right now, we are taking stock of how much fabric we have vs orders and seeing what we can build out of it .. to be the most efficient usage. The Dyneema Redcliff is on hold, as it is a fabric hog.

lintond

WKR
Dyneema prices are going up a fair amount, they have had some internal issues, and lead times for fabric are closer to 6 months, plus they doubled what the minimum order should be. Frankly, it is almost like they don't want to really be in that business.

Right now, we are taking stock of how much fabric we have vs orders and seeing what we can build out of it .. to be the most efficient usage. The Dyneema Redcliff is on hold, as it is a fabric hog.

Glad I got my DCF Redcliff order in earlier this spring. Hoping you guys ship it this week for my bear hunt. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kevin. Dyneema is way past patent expiration. Looking forward to new competing fabrics to reduce costs for all of us.

Thankfully I bought my DCF tent and tarp before the shortage. I feel for folks who have to deal with this shortage, both manufacturers and the consumer.

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks, I was wondering the same thing.

I find this interesting as I ordered a DCF Silex two weeks ago and justified making the purchase on the grounds that I expect inflation and figured I might as well pull some purchases forward. I'm still hoping I'm wrong over all, regardless I'm glad I bought while I could. Hopefully they have enough in stock to fill all current orders.

HNTR918

WKR

Glad I got my Dyneema Redcliff last year!
Love it!

Pro953

WKR
I feel bad for supply chain managers right now. Things are exceptionally bad. Our team is getting hammered and as so much of the US is “opening back up” customers have become less understanding. It’s quite the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just went through this with our staff. We certainly have enough for current orders and a couple people we promised one to but have not ordered yet. Past that, we will likely do it sort of like a 2nds sale and a hard inventory count for each item. Likely , just whatever gets us the most tents out of it.
Thanks

I just went through this with our staff. We certainly have enough for current orders and a couple people we promised one to but have not ordered yet. Past that, we will likely do it sort of like a 2nds sale and a hard inventory count for each item. Likely , just whatever gets us the most tents out of it.
Thanks
that's good news! i was hoping that was the case.

CO-AJ

WKR
Super glad I got my Cimarron in that case. It is exceptional quality and a fantastic shelter.

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks
Kevin,
Any updates on the current DCF availability? Just wondering if you guys intend to bring these lines back anytime soon. Specifically I would be interested in a Cimarron DCF.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Kevin,
Any updates on the current DCF availability? Just wondering if you guys intend to bring these lines back anytime soon. Specifically I would be interested in a Cimarron DCF.
They had some this summer (Cimarron ans Silex). Does not help you now, but worth checking every few weeks.

500000KV

Lil-Rokslider
Kevin,
Waiting on the same thing, actually wanting 2 cimmarons now. Wanted a redcliff too but looks like until material comes back that won’t happen.

pscheel

FNG
I messaged them this week. They said prices are coming down on DCF and they are going to run a few batches of the Cimarron this year, but no plans for redcliff due to the sheer amount of material needed.