Seek Outside pack harnesses on women/people with smaller frames?

Hi, I have had my eye on Seek Outside packs for a while, but their harnesses remind me of Hill People Gear harnesses, which I find to be oversized for my shoulders. On my Hill People Gear Connor pack, as a result of the broad harness with wide straps, the edges of the straps extend a little bit past the edge of my shoulders. And of course you also don't find the contouring on these that you would on a pack designed for women, to take into account the curvature of the chest. The width of the straps and the lack of contouring leads them to cut slightly into my chest. As a result, I don't really find the Hill People Gear harness to be that comfortable, and I'm concerned that I'll have the same experience with Seek Outside. I'm wondering if I'd actually be better off with a cheaper pack from a bigger brand, one which is designed specifically for women.

Do any women on here have personal experience with the Seek Outside harness? Or does anyone have a female friend or partner who uses a Seek Outside pack?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Phaseolus

WKR
SO will let you return a pack if it doesn’t fit you and you don’t use it outside. That’s one way of trying it out. I love mine but I’m not in your size category.

OP
B
Thanks, Phaseolus. Yeah, unless I get substantial negative feedback from women on here, I'll probably just bite the bullet and try one out. Really, I'm hoping for some positive feedback though. The only thing I've found online is a tutorial from a woman the same height as me (5'5") and probably around the same general size, who managed to swap out the harness on her Seek Outside Divide. Her DIY skills far exceed mine though and I don't think I'd attempt what she did. Her solution was amazing but pretty involved.

Lawnboi

WKR
I bought my wife a SO peregrine. She likes it.

She did 3 packouts with it this year. One of which she had 4 mulie front quarters bone in, inside the bag, the most weight she has ever carried. Not a complaint from her....

OP
B
Great, thanks, Lawnboi! So she doesn't have any complaints about the harness not fitting well? That's good to hear.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks, Phaseolus. Yeah, unless I get substantial negative feedback from women on here, I'll probably just bite the bullet and try one out. Really, I'm hoping for some positive feedback though. The only thing I've found online is a tutorial from a woman the same height as me (5'5") and probably around the same general size, who managed to swap out the harness on her Seek Outside Divide. Her DIY skills far exceed mine though and I don't think I'd attempt what she did. Her solution was amazing but pretty involved.

You could call our shop and talk to Lacie .. she uses one for a lot and is pretty small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
My wife is 5-0 and small shirts. The shoulder straps are fine on her. We had been fiddling with the harness height over the summer and the nice thing about the SO harness is that you can do it with the pack on. She stopped me mid-stalk on some elk this year to shorten it about a half inch to get it raised up on her hips just a scoosh. It was real easy to do with the pack still on her since I am a bit taller than her and she didn't have much in there. I am not sure what other packs are out that you can make an adjustment like that without taking the whole thing off, and I think it makes fine fitting a breeze.

OP
B
Thanks, Kevin, I might do that. Although it's good to hear from people here that they know women that haven't had an issue with the harness.