Seek Outside pack stove anybody useing one?

mae1993

FNG
Going to buy a pack stove for my Shangria la 5 and have narrowed it down to an Ed T and S.O. and thoughts?
Thanks Mike

OP
M

mae1993

FNG
thank sreekers, have you ever tried the stove without the bottom in place and dug a shallow hole for more room in the firebox? Saw a guy on Youtube seem to work alot better and burn time was increased. thanks Mike

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I didn't this past fall because it was just too dry. I will likely try it this summer and spring to see how i like it.

The construction would be conducive for that style though. It won't be as rigid without the bolts, but that is the cost of less weight.

Going to buy a pack stove for my Shangria la 5 and have narrowed it down to an Ed T and S.O. and thoughts?
Thanks Mike

Mike are you modifying the Shangria la 5 in some way to use this stove in it? I checked out this tent on Golite.com and didn't notice a stove pipe hole in it. Just curious.

OP
M

mae1993

FNG
I am going to sew the stove jack in myself. Watched a couple different videos on installing and location and looked pretty easy.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I tested a prototype last year and still have it. I had some issues with the way the door was done and the joint on the proto so Kevin has changed both those to a design I like a lot better.

The Sibling was inspired by the Sibley Stove, first invented in the 1850's and used in tents during the civil war. This is a very downsized version.

Burn times are short, and it needs to be fed often, but it is much lighter and easier to work with than a box stove. And they are very, very light.

The Sibling won't be for everyone but if you want UL heat it could be just the ticket, and if you already have a pipe the expense isn't bad.

@rockchucker you seem tight with the SO folks, you should convey how much suck their website brings, i swear its worse than the old kifaru site!

i stand corrected, seems seekoutside did some website work as well within the last couple weeks and i can actually navigate it now :thumbsup: