Seek Outside Peregrine

cbeard64

WKR
Matt-

Would a scoped rifle fit into one of the side pockets (with cinching at the top) from both a roominess and a durability standpoint?

Thanks!

Tama505

FNG
Hi!

I'm looking to buy a new pack and this pack seems a really suitable option for my needs. I have few questions still in my mind and I would be glad if someone could answer:

- How thick is the shoulder harness? - I need to make quick shots with a shotgun (bird hunting) and therefore "shooters harness" is a must
- What duffel bag would one recommend to be used for camp hauling? Duffel should have compressions and fit the breakaway for this frame

The key concern is the harness and that is really the most limiting factor for my bag selection. Eberlestock has the "shooters harness" concept which seems good for shooting and therefore my other option is the Eberlestock Blue Widow with the new Intex II frame.

Thank you for your comments.

-Tama

Matt-

Would a scoped rifle fit into one of the side pockets (with cinching at the top) from both a roominess and a durability standpoint?

Thanks!

3bdeea0cbfe2ba783858dc472b6713fb.jpg

Not the best of pictures but the rifle in the far side of the pack is in a side pocket. Rides a little higher than ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
3bdeea0cbfe2ba783858dc472b6713fb.jpg

Not the best of pictures but the rifle in the far side of the pack is in a side pocket. Rides a little higher than ideal.

I echo this sentiment. Holds my tikka and Leupold 40mm objective scope just fine. Just rides a little higher than desired.

If I didn’t have a bunch of meat I would probably just compression strap it to the front of the pack rather than use the side pocket.

Also, while tightening that load above I broke 2 or 3 gate keepers. You can’t crank them as tight as a buckle.

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve never had any issues with the gate keepers, even after multiple loads of meat and some heavy hauling. I’ve been impressed with them, I really like their functionality and wouldn’t go any other way now

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I also haven’t broken a gatekeeper. However, I almost did when I went to crank on the strap, but hadn’t fully shut the gate. Caught it just in time.

Would have been user error on my part.

Really love the gatekeepers.

Raygun15E

FNG
I love my Peregrine pack! It worked great for my first elk hunt in CO during first rifle season. I used it to help my buddy pack out his bull and some of my cow. We wised up the second day and borrowed a horse from some guys camping next to us!
cac51310da8a58fd4955fec7342f6bb8.jpg
9ca16451365a108c40e988c103f2f43c.jpg
becd02d6a0c5d0c514c3d092f0e48fd6.jpg
0944a71faa3e46b2fdf1e9a5090d8a20.jpg

Here you can see how high the Tikka rides when in the side pocket.

cbeard64

WKR
Thanks for the replies guys! Since I ordered it and gave it to my bride, I’m pretty sure I’m getting a new Peregrine with a lid for Christmas. 😊

This is great info, guys. My biggest pack is currently a Kifaru Xing (44L), and I love it, and add pockets as needed for extra capacity, but I've been thinking about getting a "big" pack for a while now, and recently I've been looking at the Seek Outside packs. There just isn't that much info about their packs online though. I know their shelters and their stoves are well-loved, but it's a lot harder to find reviews on their packs. They have a couple packs in the 4500ci-5000ci range that I've had my eye on.

I had the Peregrine and loved the layout, but the material was just too stiff and loud for what I needed. I would definitely try another Seek Outside pack, if and when they change away from the Xpac fabric.

They dropped the ball with the new belt. Two individual straps on each side and no power pulls absolutely sucks. Definately not an improvement.The black belt single strap attached at two points of belt and powerpulls is AWESOME! It adjusts and tightens perfectly. The Peregrine is a sweet pack!

Do all of seekoutside huntinig packs have the ability to place meat inbetween the frame and bag?

SO lightweight packs carry just as well as the revolution suspension considering its the same design. I have an older unaweep with the evolution suspension and it handle 80 plus no problem. I'm pretty sure my pack weighs in at 3lb 6oz with a talon and lid which is crazy light compared to others.

is getting the lumbar pad worth it? I mean I would hate to be uncomfortable carry out meat, but the point of these packs is to drop weight...

Phaseolus

WKR
Do all of seekoutside huntinig packs have the ability to place meat inbetween the frame and bag?

There are two lines of SO packs, Integrated and breakaway. Breakaway bags can put the meat between the bag and frame. Integrated cannot. https://seekoutside.com/lightweight-backpacks/

I like the new belt a lot compared to a single buckle belt, more adjustability.

The lumbar pad has a series of layers in it, I removed 2/3 of the padding and use it on mine.

Have you used any seek outside packs before? Interested in hearing if anyone can compare the updated harness and belt to the prior, all black versions.
Just got the new belt as a warranty upgrade! Fits great and with the new power pull strap tightening system it seems to be much better. Also added a hip belt pouch and top lid to my Revolution frame Fortress 4800 bag with talon setup

baeloth

FNG
Thanks for the review and all the comments. I'm trying to decide on a new pack and the forum posts are very useful.