Seek Outside Peregrine

RCB

WKR
Someone above asked about carrying a rifle in the SO Peregrine. You certainly can put the rifle in the side bags, and it's very secure there. Great if you're covering ground, but not if you need quick access.

I've found there is a more accessible option. The frame is U-shaped, and the vertical bars stick out a bit at the top (for load lifters). You can loop a rifle sling around one of those bars, and it makes for a good hold. Easy. Obviously not quite as secure as strapping it into a pocket, but I've covered many miles this way and it's been solid.

Just got the new belt as a warranty upgrade! Fits great and with the new power pull strap tightening system it seems to be much better. Also added a hip belt pouch and top lid to my Revolution frame Fortress 4800 bag with talon setup

Did they put power pulls back on their belts? Absolutely horrible decision to do away with them in the first place.

Did they put power pulls back on their belts? Absolutely horrible decision to do away with them in the first place.
They sent me a complete belt as a warranty upgrade after my buckle was broken. Awesome customer service and thr power pull system is a significant upgrade over the original

Lawnboi

WKR
I’m curious what is going on with thier belt generations and what the current gen is like. I got my wife a peregrine for Christmas and have also used it a handful of times and there are no power pulls on the belt.

Can you post a pic?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have not added power pulls. However, if someone wanted, we may have affixed one of the various options for power pulls if you wanted.

brsnow

WKR
Roksliders,

I just received a Seek Outside Peregrine on the Revolution frame. I will be testing it out. Go ahead and post your experiences and any questions to this thread.

5bbfcb6352922bd08965347482d5faa7.jpg
Have you run it with a Merlin talon? Thank you

brsnow

WKR
I havent, but I am confident it would work fine.

I found the Peregrine with a lid to have all the organization I needed.
Appreciate it, have a revolution with the Merlin on the way for my day pack. Might pick up peregrine bag for longer trips with Merlin as talon.

Bighorse

WKR
I rock Seek Outside packs up in Alaska. They have always treated me great on the customer service front. I've enjoyed hauling many heavy loads off the hills with a Revolution frame. The double buckle system, while slower to get on, is very nice once hauling. Good gear that I depend on in some very rugged hills in SE AK.

Phaseolus

WKR
It is noisy, especially when new. As it gets more use it will quiet down. It’s not been a problem for me and I hunt thick brush.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's crinkly when new, like a crisp $20. Wad the bag up a few times and most of it goes away. With use it gets much softer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bozeman

WKR
I would challenge anyone on the 'noise' of the bag and have them get a decibel reading.........that would remove the subjectivity. Have used one for over a year and it has never been noisy (subjectivity on my part)...........might be a good experiment for a Rokslide contributor...........muskeg series, Cordura 500 or 1000, SO waterproof bags, one of the OR dry bags, with avg dB reading over a 1-2 mile hike or such.......

Baron85

WKR
Is anyone getting pain or pinching in the hips? Not sure the best way to describe it. It’s where the butt muscles attach at the hip in the back. I have tried raising and lowering the hip belt. When I go lower it pinches the outer muscles on my hips and if I go higher it hurts the top points of my hips.

I also can’t seem to keep the pack from slipping down. I added more foam to the lumbar pad with no improvement.

The pack was very comfortable with 40# and under but as I am going up in weight training it is getting increasingly worse.

I just picked up a stone glacier x-curve and have none of the above issues with the same loads and same route. But I much prefer the seek outside bag design and easy of use if I can get it to work.

Does anyone have some tips and pointers for me?

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Baron, it's likely to be an adjustment issue. PM me a number and I'll call you today.

Thanks
Nathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baron85

WKR
Just a follow up on my previous post. I got some great help from Nathan/seek outside over the phone, as well as Kyle from Davis tent in Denver offered to meet up and help get my pack fitted.

The adjustments have made a huge difference, have a little more tinkering to get it perfect but it is much much better.

Thanks Nathan and Kyle for all the help!!