Seek Outside Question

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
About a month ago I ordered a Silex. At the time, the lead time was 4-6 weeks. I started getting antsy and emailed them this week and they told me the lead time is now 6-8 weeks. 4-6 weeks would get it to me in time for an upcoming trip, but 6-8 is going to be cutting it extremely close. had I known it was 6-8 I probably would have held off on ordering. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone had this issue of lead times being extended with SO?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
About a month ago I ordered a Silex. At the time, the lead time was 4-6 weeks. I started getting antsy and emailed them this week and they told me the lead time is now 6-8 weeks. 4-6 weeks would get it to me in time for an upcoming trip, but 6-8 is going to be cutting it extremely close. had I known it was 6-8 I probably would have held off on ordering. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone had this issue of lead times being extended with SO?
Hey .. send an email to our info and the date you need it. I did see several SIlex getting ready to ship yesterday so maybe you are in that.

Long story short, March was incredibly busy, plus we brought on another location we moved staff into last week. So, there are a lot of moving parts. We've been bringing on people and training , it's just been hectic. Our lead times did go up during March, I'd expect them to start to trend down in a few weeks unless we get another run on gear. We did have a delay in brown fabric at one point, a delay in Dyneema tape at one point, and a delay in Olive XPAC at one point. All those problems are resolved, but it did cause some of those related products to slip on timelines as well.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same thing occur to me. BUT, I got a call from a wonderful worker by the name of Bekah who told me it was shipping today and gave me the same background/context. Much appreciated and totally understandable. Even with all this, SO still beat my expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D.Blake

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same thing occur to me. BUT, I got a call from a wonderful worker by the name of Bekah who told me it was shipping today and gave me the same background/context. Much appreciated and totally understandable. Even with all this, SO still beat my expectations.
Good for you, hoping for a similar experience. They have been great about responding to questions and keeping in touch. Do you remember when you ordered it?

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
March 20th. At that point the lead time was listed as 4-6 weeks. I called about a week and a half ago to see if they could meet the 4 week timeframe but at that point was told the lead time had moved to 6-8 weeks. So was surprised when I got the call late last week. Will be taking it on a fly fishing float trip on the Smith River in MT this Saturday where it is supposed to be wet and cold. BIL was lucky in drawing the permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
march 11th I too have a DCF silex on order (week 5), was quoted 4-6 weeks at that time. I havent reached out to ask for ETA. however ive always had great luck with my items shipping out within the time frame specified.. cant wait to get my hands on it!