Seek Outside - Redcliff

eagle_eye

FNG
It's all about Understand Ability. ;)
I try to do that with my wife, and seem to get it wrong most of the time.
I had an 8-man Tipi and it did seem as if the angle at the bottom limited storage.
But then again, gear could be tucked there on the edges, out of the way.
I like the pyramid design, seems to give more space in the corners..
Made my own Base Tarp Base last year. It's about 7 feet tall. And I agree that
the option to stand upright is a nice benefit. Will be using it on it's first backpack hunt
next week. Stove jack will be installed this week.

Last edited:

LionHead

WKR
Made my own Base Tarp Base last year. It's about 7 feet tall. And I agree that
the option to stand upright is a nice benefit. Will be using it on it's first backpack hunt
next week. Stove jack will be installed this week.

I'd like to see some photos of that! Sounds interesting

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

LionHead

WKR
I want one of these bad. This BCS2 grande mismatch is the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. But based off Dims it's 1.5 ft longer and wider for the same weight. Trying not to drool but I want one
2184fbf53125a42243629a354aceb541.jpg

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Just got back from an AK float hunt. I used a TiGoat Vertex 8 tipi. I've enjoyed using that shelter, but it always seems to have a lot of wasted space on the perimeter, as getting the perfect pitch is tough with a tipi. I thought of the Redcliff while in the bush, and was wondering if the perimeter space might be more usable. Any thoughts on that aspect of pyramid VS tipi? How tall is the Redcliff at the center? I'm 6' tall and can stand upright in about a 2 to 3ft radius around the center pole of the Vertex 8. Not sure on its overall peak height.
Guy outs can be tried to trees, trekking poles or sticks to increase the usable space inside. I highly suggest trying it as it gives a ton of more room inside.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
x2 on the volleyball size. Really a manageable size for what it is . We have 1 guy pack tent and other packs the XL stove .

eagle_eye

FNG
I'd like to see some photos of that! Sounds interesting

I only have one decent picture of the tent from this year's hunt.
It was a palace for two(including cots if in base camp situation),
big enough to fit four(no cots) plus gear plus stove.
The stove was really nice to have.
And stand-up room is also great.

Tent_1.jpg
I do have a few more pics in another thread. I think you can search on "stretched tut" to find it.

Bill

LionHead

WKR
I only have one decent picture of the tent from this year's hunt.
It was a palace for two(including cots if in base camp situation),
big enough to fit four(no cots) plus gear plus stove.
The stove was really nice to have.
And stand-up room is also great.

View attachment 137152
I do have a few more pics in another thread. I think you can search on "stretched tut" to find it.

Bill
Thanks brother. Maybe I'll find someone to make me connecting tarp for the BCS2...the mass grande!

I have it out in the yard today. The cimarron is definitely wider than the BCS, obviously the BCS is longer but set up zippers facing in the same orientation the Cim gets the win on girth...making me really consider the redcliff. Can anyone confirm redcliff is the same girth as the cimarron just longer ?

Anyone have both and feel like it's overkill in similar shelter size? Maybe just bump up straight to the 8man ?

After weighing the LBO and Cimarron with seam sealer and pegs no pole they were only 5oz difference so the LBO went up on the classifieds

LionHead

WKR
I crammed my Redcliff, minus the pole and stakes, obviously, into a large 3 string compression sack from kifaru. Super tight, but it fit. Ridiculously small for a 132 square foot shelter.
I did the same with the BCS grande. Just don't try to cram the stakes in too. I keep my stakes in a chamber pocket with tabs removed. I'd probably krammed it in the 3 string a dozen times but it finally gave out in a bad way. It lives in a 5 string small now. YMMV

LionHead

WKR
Wiscgunner thanks for the pics. I'd been comparing those images too. Just wondering if someone had both if they could confirm the real world space.

On paper redcliff is bigger I took my own measurements of the BCS

Redcliff 82"/6'-10"
Weight:Canopy - 55 oz / 3.5 lb
Complete weight - 78 oz / 4.87 lb
Centers 177" x 129" (14.75'x 10.75')
Corners 156 x102" (13' x8.5)

BCS2 grande 82"
Canopy 57oz / 3lb 9 oz
Complete 78oz /4 lb 14 oz
Centers 162x96 (13.5'x 8')
Corners 162 x90 (13.5' x 7.5')