Seek Outside Saker, coming soon...

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
https://seekoutside.com/saker-7400/

"We hear you! We have had many, many requests to adapt our popular Brooks 7400 to the Revolution Platform, and here it is."

Dangit, I was settled on a Goshawk for my next pack with the load shelf, slight price savings, and weight savings from the Brooks, now though... I'll have to see what weight and cost come in at.

Kevin and Cody Rich chatted about this pack and the Brooks on The Rich Outdoors, and really kinda sold me on the concept.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm, I’m not so sure it will be that close to the brooks in price, if you look at the Unaweep 6300 vs the fortress 6300 which seem to be the same bags but one integrated and one as a Revo setup, I believe it’s about $100 difference, they may be similar difference between Brooks and the new pack bag...

netman

WKR
Any idea of when this pack will become available?
I’m trying to get my western kit piled up and the SG 6900 is talking to me.

I talked with joe at seekoutside a couple days ago. Sounded like it will be available for pre order sometime in may with delivery of early June. I love my broadwing, but am totally in on the saker. I think that batwing design will serve my needs well.

netman

WKR
If I have sent them one email I’ve sent them a dozen begging them to take my money. I’m ready for the Saker

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It'll be in the next day or two. We're doing a run of Cipher and Multicam concurrently, and wanted to release everything together so folks have the opportunity or get what they want, instead of get one color, then three weeks later we intro something else.

Final weights on the Saker are going to be in the 4 lb 8 oz to 4 lb 12 oz depending on configuration.

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
It'll be in the next day or two. We're doing a run of Cipher and Multicam concurrently...

Will this run be similar to the previous Cipher run in terms of items offered or will there be whole bags available in camo?

propulsionclimbing

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it's up on the Seek Outside website. I just ordered a Revolution frame and a Saker bag in Cipher camo. Very excited to try this system out this fall!

Leebob

FNG
Ouch. That'll teach me for jumping on the wagon too soon. Cipher Brooks optimized for 24" and $15 bucks less than the original Cipher run. :( My Brooks is an excellent pack, having it optimized for 24" would just make it that much better.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Saker is on the Revolution platform, so it's a bit different. The Revolution really works equally well at 24, 26, or 28".

Usefulness of this is you can haul into your hunting area with a 28" and plenty of shoulder lift, shrink down to a 24" while hunting (shorter frame gives better head movement, slip through timber easier, low profile is quieter) then if you get an animal down pop the extensions back in and you've got your 28" hauling frame.

You can do this with the Integrated packs as well (Brooks, Unaweep, etc) but the packbag will crawl up the frame a bit as you extend the frame. The Revolution works equally well with the different frame heights.

Last edited: