Seek Outside Silex And U-Turn Stove Review, By Josh Boyd

TL406

Lil-Rokslider
Josh, do you think a medium u-turn would fit? I’m trying to to buy one stove that will fit my silex and a bigger tent I have. I’d be concerned with clearance from the pole more so than clearance between the wall. Thanks for the updates.

Superdoo

WKR
I was pondering this too. Kevin told me a medium would work but to be extra careful about placement and don’t get it ripping.
I ended up getting the cub and I wouldn’t want a medium in the Silex.
I can burn myself out just fine with the cub. I also like that wood prep consists of “if I can’t break it with my hands it won’t fit.”

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Josh, do you think a medium u-turn would fit? I’m trying to to buy one stove that will fit my silex and a bigger tent I have. I’d be concerned with clearance from the pole more so than clearance between the wall. Thanks for the updates.
I think it would fit if you are really careful with the pitch of the shelter (no sag on the stove side) and careful with the stove placement. There shouldn't be an issue with the pole. @Superdoo is spot on with the Cub and the amount of heat it will produce. A medium will be a lot of stove for that small space.

I have a medium that's used in my Cimarron and it works great until it gets really cold....like 5 degrees and colder. Then I would prefer something like a large.