Seek outside stoves

Beastmode

WKR
Is anyone running a seek outside titanium stove? I was dead set on getting a kifaru but the weight of the SO is definitely appealing. I also want a box stove. The oval stoves are a little too flimsy for my liking.

I just ordered a ti goat wifi. The large is much bigger than most of their models and way lighter. They appear to be extremely stable withe the way the top and bottom are constructed of thicker material and the rods support the stove vertically rather than ti foil.

Mine gets here tomorrow. I'll let you know. I read a thread on kifaru forums and most seemed to prefer the wifi for stability and durability.

Joe

I use a SO titanium XL stove in my 12 person tipi. Definitely love the large door, and the ability to feed larger logs into it and not have to constantly tend to it. Hard to beat the wt. at somewhere around 55 oz., plus it has a nice flat surface for cooking backstraps and tenderloins.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423454979.623839.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423455094.049665.jpg

Whatever stove you get, I highly recommend one with a sizeable door on it. I used a buddy's Ti Goat stove once (can't remember what size it was) that had a decent size box, but the door was tiny and you couldn't get any sizeable wood into it. We constantly had to feed it to maintain a burn, which was a big PITA as far as I was concerned. When I started looking for a stove, finding one with a big door was one of my top priorities. The door on mine is like 10" square, so you can load it up and it will stay burning for hours with just the occasional stoking to keep it hot.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I ran their SO for 8 days and really liked it. Heated and 8-man tipi no problem and fit decent sized logs. Found out I set it up wrong and had the draft holes on the side of the door and door opened up/down. SO said to flip it 90 degrees, draft holes on bottom, and door opens left to right. Will work even better. The video with the stove is in this post, I think
http://www.rokslide.com/easyblog/entry/backcountry-mule-deer-hunt-packin-in
that was the first day and by day 9, stove was in great shape. I really thought it would warp as it's so thin but it didn't

Also, one more side note, I don't know if it's really needed or not but I always put a layer of sand, gravel or dirt in the bottom of mine just to protect it so the bottom doesn't burn out as fast. Again, I don't know if this is a big issue with the titanium stoves or not but I do it just to be on the safe side.

n2horns

WKR
Robby - what size stove from SO did you get? You didn't mention in video, unless i missed it.

I have the medium SO stove and the 6 man tipi. Its a great stove, very light and packable. It will turn your tent into a sauna. I live in Ga., so I do not get the extreme in temps like some of the guys on here. I also have the Kifaru small stove. Both are very well made and high quality stoves. That said, there is nothing like having a warm spot to come back to after a long day.