Seek outside teepee tent

CO-AJ

WKR
Super happy for everyone who's SO order is delivering, got mine about a week ago. I am waiting on some Lawson Glowire to make my tie outs, but the SO products are absolute top-notch. Next will be to set it up a couple of times to get to a great pitch.

CO-AJ

WKR
I've been considering getting the LBO from SO. I also considered the Cimarron, do you guys have any difficulty finding campsites with those bigger teepee footprints?
I plan to only use this on backcountry packpack trips and hunts. So far where we plan to go there is ample open space to pitch the Cimarron.

bluumoon

WKR
Just ordered an 8 Man, wife wanted a tent for the whole fam to stretch out in:) Has anyone run the 8 man as a 6 man tent by using the guy outs?

CO-AJ

WKR
Just ordered an 8 Man, wife wanted a tent for the whole fam to stretch out in:) Has anyone run the 8 man as a 6 man tent by using the guy outs?
I bet if you don't run a stove in it you will have no problems with space. My Cimarron is large and I could sleep 4 side by side without a stove with no problem. Make sure if you are going to put 6 people in a single wall tipi you account for condensation as I am sure there will be the chance for quite a bit.

I was with you on feeling weird about a floorless tipi when I was looking at gearing up for Alaska and possible back country hunts. I have the SO 6 person tipi hot tent combo and it's quite an impressive piece of gear, I love it. Seek Outside was great to work with also. What you receive for the weight carried makes me feel like I'm making out like a bandit!

HNTR918

WKR
Does the double damper let the stove burn longer or slower?
It's not a second dampener, its to allow easy cleaning of ash/sap/soot.

However, if you throttle the air vents on the front door down and do the same for the dampener connect to the stove pipe it slows the burn rate and lasts longer.

6 man seek outside with a kifaru style medium stove.
It’s tough, doesn’t leak, and cozy to sleep in.
3 people with gear and stove is easy.

84268200-8090-4AD6-A15B-5B300DB0D701.jpeg1BD766EA-9624-4AC3-B57F-837ACAC5C196.jpeg3A89CF04-F8F7-4AD0-8C81-32FD2A30032A.jpeg