Seek Outside Upcoming Packs

zloomis

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Kevin or other Seek Outside Employees,

I was wondering a few questions about your upcoming packs...

1. Any ETA on the flight series of packs?
2. Any idea on what price range they will be in?
3. Do you have any packs coming out in the 40 Liter size range?

Thanks, love your packs and hoping to get another one in the future

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Flight packs - we are in busy season and just getting tester feedback and working out last details . Since we are busy my best guess is November at earliest and possibly / likely early 2020.

We plan to add a 2400 ish pack to the breakaway platform this fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Fall meaning availability is likely after hunting season maybe early 2020

OP
Z

zloomis

Lil-Rokslider
I'm excited for that 2400 breakaway. Would love to see some preliminary pics on here when you have some. Also I know the revolution/evolution frames are not carry-on friendly sized, but curious if anyone has used them cinched down as carry-on bags

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm excited for that 2400 breakaway. Would love to see some preliminary pics on here when you have some. Also I know the revolution/evolution frames are not carry-on friendly sized, but curious if anyone has used them cinched down as carry-on bags
People have ..your milage may vary. Some cut the frame to 22

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

I used one with a 26" frame as carry on last year. I did have to gate check on a regional flight. No questions asked, but the flights weren't overbooked either.

Rokwiia

WKR
I'm excited to see the 2,400 for the Revolution platform as well. You've been doing some pretty innovative work these past few years. Keep up the good work Kevin.

CoMtnMike

FNG
Any details on this SO 2400 available yet? I haven't found an old Peregrine 2400 to buy used so I was starting to plan out buying some xpack and sewing my own... But if you guys have one coming out soon.... Maybe that would be a wasted effort - or at least not as pretty as what you come up with. Will it be similar to the old peregrine or with the mesh stuff pocket of the newer peregrine or more like a giant merlin?

I'd vote for the peregrine 2400 with a gila mesh front and a lanner shroud pocket... at least that is what I am toying with idea wise as a great all day hunting bag

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes it will be at western hunt expo in SLC. A few people have seen it . The guys from Go Hunt seemed to really like it yesterday .

We should be getting some photos and stuff in the next few days

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider

I cut my frame down to 22" and used it with a Fortress 4800 as a carry on. I never had to check it on any flights that I tried including some small regional European planes. Compressed down the pack fit the dimensions allowed by the airlines.

22" is also my preferred frame height for hunting. It makes it easy to duck under tree branches and go through tight places. When hauling meat I just add a 4" extender to make it 26".

tdot

WKR
I cut my frame down to 22" and used it with a Fortress 4800 as a carry on. I never had to check it on any flights that I tried including some small regional European planes. Compressed down the pack fit the dimensions allowed by the airlines.

22" is also my preferred frame height for hunting. It makes it easy to duck under tree branches and go through tight places. When hauling meat I just add a 4" extender to make it 26".

I've asked SO a couple times why they dont do this from the start. It makes so much sense, and would make it such an amazing convertible pack. Making the bag smaller is only 1/2 the equation. Frame is the rest.

How does the Fortress carry on the 22" frame? That's the one answer I havent been able to get from SO (understandably as they dont make a 22").

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have a couple internal people that use 22 but they don’t pack heavy loads.

Why we don’t from the start is it adds another layer of complexity for each frame height there are some give and takes . I’m sure at 22 if it fits well it carries well

syoungs

FNG
the 24" frame with ability to add 4" extensions is what originally drove me to look at SO packs.
Super excited to see the new 2400 breakaway, been trying to figure out what pack, and the 2400 size is about perfect for me.