Seek Outside users - regret going with a big pack?

Tyguy

WKR
Go with the 6300, the added weight for the larger pack is negligible and it packs down very easily. I have had the 3900 the 4800 and the 6300. The 6300 was my favorite.

I’m debating between getting the batwing side pockets or just water bottle pockets on a custom 6300. Any thoughts on which direction to go?

I have a Lanner 5400, I could get by with a Peregrine 3500 but the cost and weight difference is not much. The Lanner compresses very small and I have the extra room if needed for longer trips.

CO-AJ

WKR
I’m debating between getting the batwing side pockets or just water bottle pockets on a custom 6300. Any thoughts on which direction to go?
Looked at the same thing when I was deciding on my pack. While I went with the Exo over the Seek, I did go with the full size pockets on the side. I carry water bottles on my hipbelt along with 2 hip belt pouches. Like the full size pockets for poles, jackets, scabbard, etc. Seek makes awesome products.

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t regretted it at all. I have a lanner. When it’s cinched down with little gear I don’t find it a problem at all. I hardly ever need to unroll the top, I just use the side zipper. Plus when I’m tired and it’s late, it’s mice to just toss the quarters in the bag and go.

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
I did one tall pocket on left and water bottle pocket on right. One of my favorite features of this pack. Grab water without stopping. Even the small pocket holds 2 liters and anything taller. Just cinch the cord good to go. Add compression straps if its real tall.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

I like water bottles and I drink a LOT of water at altitude, so I use water bottle pockets.

I ran basically a 6300 Goshawk with Base Talon in spectra on elk hunt this last week. Worked really well, weighed 4 lb 2 oz the way I rigged it. I used the upper web loops for the internal load shelf to hook an S Biner to and then clipped in a few small stuff sacks and a possibles pouch. This way I could unzip the side zip and roll out my stuffsacks to organize gear. Impossible to leave them since they’re clipped to the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKnight

FNG
I couldn't decide if the Lanner would be too big for what I would use it for, but this thread pushed me over the edge and I bought one last night. I thought it may be a few weeks before I would get it, but the order status changed to shipped today!

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
I started off with a Unaweep 4800 but found it to be narrow, especially toward the bottom of the pack. I upgraded the pack bag to the 6300 and have no regrets. It's easier to pack (provided you roll down the very tall pack bag) and any unused volume can be easily taken care of with all of the straps. Just cinch it down. I also like the side pouches better on the 6300, can easily fit two 2-liter bottles on each side (my current preferred way to carry water). 6300 is great.