Seek Outside vs Kifaru

Hey guys, I've been researching packs forever and have nailed it to these two companies. Anyone have experience with both? Looking for info for tall people. I can get both brands in 28in frames. Any reason to go with one brand vs the other?

OP
T
Running a 26” duplex life. I have a 6’7” 24” torso and had zero issue with load lift packing out a full kit and half a sheep (~90lbs of shit)
The kifaru was leaps and bounds better for me at least in comparison to the older/newer kifaru systems handling a load. If you like the kifaru system you won’t be disappointed.
I have no experience with any bags. I'm new to hunting so this will be my first pack. I was going to call about get the 28in frame but maybe the 26in frame will work. Which kifaru bag did you go with?

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a SO revolution frame with a coupe different bags and a kifaru bikini frame with a coupe different bags. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. I use the SO for backpacking and hunting and I use the kifaru for packing chainsaws and other trail maintenance tools. Both are great, but I prefer the SO by a small margin. I like how I can adjust the frame height on the SO from a relatively low profile day hunting pack to a monster hauler. Both packs are super comfortable with loads up to 60lbs. and both handle big loads well. I’ve packed 130lbs on my SO and 90lbs on my bikini, I’m not going to say it was comfortable, but both frames preformed well.
I’m 6’-2” and scrawny, no gut, no butt

OP
T
You'll more than likely be happy with whatever you pick as long as you get it fitted correctly.

One of those brands is 100% made in America with American-made materials. I think that's a good reason to go with one over the other personally.
I think both brands are made in America

sndmn11

WKR
I use Seek and wouldn't consider anything else after having used two of the other "top tier" brands; one was for two decades. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is order the frame only from both and use them. Between the two there is not a bad choice, but there is likely a better choice for you.

sndmn11

WKR
Seek is manufactured in America with chinese-sourced materials. Kifaru is 100% made and sourced in the USA. I get that isn't important to everyone, but was a deciding factor for me.

It would be a really neat idea to back up that first sentence with some substance.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Seek is manufactured in America with chinese-sourced materials. Kifaru is 100% made and sourced in the USA. I get that isn't important to everyone, but was a deciding factor for me.
That is incorrect. We use USA made Cordura. XPAC is made in the USA. SpectraGrid is made in Asia .. only place it is available. Some hardware is overseas, but it is the only place for the type of hardware we want. Frames / aluminum in the USA. Foam, USA , Spacer Mesh USA .

bsnedeker

WKR
That is incorrect. We use USA made Cordura. XPAC is made in the USA. SpectraGrid is made in Asia .. only place it is available. Some hardware is overseas, but it is the only place for the type of hardware we want. Frames / aluminum in the USA. Foam, USA , Spacer Mesh USA .
My apologies for the misstatement. I am aware that much of your material is sourced in the USA, I should have been much clearer. My point was simply that Kifaru is 100% made with American made materials and hardware which is a deciding factor for me.

OP
T
I’ve got a SO revolution frame with a coupe different bags and a kifaru bikini frame with a coupe different bags. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. I use the SO for backpacking and hunting and I use the kifaru for packing chainsaws and other trail maintenance tools. Both are great, but I prefer the SO by a small margin. I like how I can adjust the frame height on the SO from a relatively low profile day hunting pack to a monster hauler. Both packs are super comfortable with loads up to 60lbs. and both handle big loads well. I’ve packed 130lbs on my SO and 90lbs on my bikini, I’m not going to say it was comfortable, but both frames preformed well.
I’m 6’-2” and scrawny, no gut, no butt
How do you like the bags themselves between seek outside vs kifaru?

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like the bags themselves between seek outside vs kifaru?
They are both top notch quality. I think that my SO Peregrine is just about perfect in layout and features for hunting everything from day hunts to three or four night minimalist elk hunts. The Kifaru nomad with a load sling and the stryker both haul a big 660 chainsaw quite well. The SO Merlin is nice for extra storage and as a compression panel, but I don’t really like the layout and the SO lid is ok, but I usually use a Kifaru organizer guide lid no matter which frame I’m using.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
Not trying to stray from the original question, but I’d like to add one thing. I used a mystery ranch crew cab on a NICE frame for many years. The only thing it shared with the packs you are asking about was cost. In my opinion it was inferior in every other regard. Uncomfortable and poor at hauling a big load compared to either SO or Kifaru.

Both are great pack systems… I really wanted to like the seek outside but couldn’t get it really comfortable with really heavy loads… I know most like the fit, so that’s a me thing, not a SO thing.

my kifaru has become my go to after a lot of packs, I tried every one I was curious about and landed there

Running a 26” frame on kifaru. Couldn’t imagine a taller frame being necessary, but Im only 6’4”

Idk about SO, both are great packs I hear, but I can’t imagine being more pleased than I am with kifaru.

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
I have used both. I give my SO frame and belt the nod over Kifaru in comfort. Their belt is great imo. Both have hauled everything I've put on them which was up to 80# in each. I have goshawk, lid, and merlin. I also don't like the merlin layout but it does work well as a compression panel.

I have not used Kifaru but have many years with SO. I can contribute this; the one minor issue I needed to get ahold of SO customer service to help with was handled immediately and far exceeded my expectations. So there is that...