Seek Outside vs Kifaru

CoStick

WKR
Seek has been the only pack I can forget I am wearing even with a load. The free float belt is amazing. I took the long route to them but am very happy to have found them.

Marble

WKR
Muskeg 7k. I like simple bags.
Amen to that! I have the Cavern. Very simple bag. I think it's close to 8000 ci of space the way I have it set up. It collapses down into a day pack and is on a 26" frame. They don't make it anymore...

I have a few others, the 44 mag is good size but there are so many pockets I tend to stash stuff and forget where I put it.

Whatever the op gets, just don't choose a small bag for "weight savings " you'll regret it later.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

CoStick

WKR
Amen to that! I have the Cavern. Very simple bag. I think it's close to 8000 ci of space the way I have it set up. It collapses down into a day pack and is on a 26" frame. They don't make it anymore...

I have a few others, the 44 mag is good size but there are so many pockets I tend to stash stuff and forget where I put it.

Whatever the op gets, just don't choose a small bag for "weight savings " you'll regret it later.

Agree I run a 6300 fortress on my SO, I keep it at 24” but can add extensions to 26 or 28 if needed for a large load. Still very light.

Lawnboi

WKR
Longtime kifaru user, tried a seek one year, was not for me. That said seek outside is an awesome company, I do use their shelters now. I’d consider another week pack if weight was a huge deal to me but otherwise I prefer everything the kifaru offers over the seek peregrine I had used.

OP
T
Longtime kifaru user, tried a seek one year, was not for me. That said seek outside is an awesome company, I do use their shelters now. I’d consider another week pack if weight was a huge deal to me but otherwise I prefer everything the kifaru offers over the seek peregrine I had used.
What kifaru pack do you have?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Only one of them is truly 100% American made. I’m in the manufacturing business so I know how difficult it is to source everything 100% domestic.

I use Kifaru now and have zero complaints so far.

OP
T
Only one of them is truly 100% American made. I’m in the manufacturing business so I know how difficult it is to source everything 100% domestic.

I use Kifaru now and have zero complaints so far.
Did you previously use seek?

Lawnboi

WKR
Fulcrum is what I was looking at. How do you like it?
Perfect for the way I hunt. Last three years it’s carried out 15 deer. Organization is perfect, and it gets big when I need it too. Biggest complaint you will read is that it’s too strappy, but those straps are nice to have when stuff is dead on the ground.

Last edited:

wyelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have owned and used both. For me The Seek Outside frame was a better fit and comfort over Kifaru. It is also very easy to attach other companies bags if you prefer them to the seek outside bags

Marble

WKR
Some of the best advice in here. My 7k" bag comes in handy when throwing a few quarters inside and not having to mush.
Yep! Much better boning out a buck and walking out with it than to make multiple trips.