Seek Tipi - To Bug Net Or Not To Bug Net

Hey Rokhounds:
I am currently on the threshold of placing a Six Man Tipi order from Seek Outside, and I have a question for those of you with experience using these tents. Specifically, have any of you purchased one of these tipis WITHOUT the bug netting on the doors and later regretted it? Or, inversely, have any of you purchased one that DID have the door netting, only to regret it later for adding weight and cost unnecessarily? I'm trying to decide if the bug netting is worth the extra 14 ounces and $100. Unlike Kifaru, the Seek Outside door netting is permanently attached. Thanks all!

Mike 338

WKR
If you camp where the mosquitos eat you alive, get the net. For me, summer shelters can be any old tent and a cheap, light fully enclosed outfit is fine. the tipi for me is a late season outfit and no skeeters are out then, however I've shared my home with mice. I have a bug net for the hammock. Summary: Summer use= yes on the net.

slatty

WKR
I have a seek outside cimarron without the net. It works for me. It's really just a personal decision in my opinion.
Without the netting, the cimarron is light enough that I can carry it as a "solo palace" on solo hunts where I want comfort. With the netting it sways it in the direction that it's a bit excessive.
And then for later season the netting doesn't matter. But yeah bugs suck so it depends where you hunt. I'm happy with my decision but it may not be the right one for you.

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Have the bug net in my SO tipi. Plan is to use it for multiple seasons so decided to go w it. Haven’t regretted it so far

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you summer camp where there are lots of mosquitoes but no ticks, scorpions, or snakes, the screen doors are great.

If you summer camp where there are ticks, scorpions, snakes, or your wife has arachnophobia (mine does), then a nest would be better. Nest options - lightweight bug bivy for 6 oz, the LBO or Redcliff half nest, or a 6 person half nest.

I've got a bug bivy I use sometimes, and a half nest for my 8 person. I use the half in the summer with the family, and usually don't take any bug protection if going high country during hunting season. Best of both worlds for me, best bug protection when needed, but also lightest weight for hunting.

Netherman

WKR
I use a nest in my redcliff and love it. Allows you to vent the bottom for better airflow while maintaining your bug free space.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk