Seeking Advice

DeePow

FNG
I've been an avid photographer for the past decade refining various techniques and learning to edit using Da Vinci. I'd like to continue to improve my practice but at this point I've been stashing money away. I have a Canon Rebel T6S, would it be worth investing in better quality lenses or a body? I have the standard 18-135 so I I've been leaning towards an improved lens and EBay has some great deals on slightly used lenses. While I know quality relies more on the photographer than camera, I would love some advice from people are more knowledgable in the field.

Last edited:
This depends on what you want to do. Does this lens range cover your needs? If the answer is yes then no reason to get more glass. HOWEVER, and it's a HUGR however, the DSLR Canon cameras are all done except for their professional cameras and 2024 will be the last year for them. Getting a new mirrorless Canon body with their adapter will allow you to use the lens you have and give you MUCH better images then you are getting. The R7 has the same crop sensor size but it is 32.5 megapixel, built in Image Stabilization, MUCH better video. Your camera has the Digic 6 processor the R7 is the Digic 10. Much better in low light, better Bokah. Yours has full HD video and the new camera is 4K video with a lot of video features. This is the mirrorless version of the 90D, only worlds better. No offense to what you have, as a Rebel it was a nice camera but the R7 is a series above and with much better technology available then when the 90d first was released. It's like comparing a Porsche 911turbo to a Nisan Maxima

Feel free to call me at 516-217-1000 to discuss your options. Be sure to mention Rokslide for special pricing

Joel
516-217-1000

OP
DeePow

DeePow

FNG
Thank you immensely. This is the info I was looking for. Cheers

Scoot

WKR
I recommend you call Joel- I've found him to be super knowledgeable and equally helpful. He also wasn't a "pushy salesman" either, which I appreciated.

FYI- I'm not affiliated with him or Camera Land in any way. I just got really good service from them and wanted to pass along a positive review.

I'd definitely go the improved lens route, bodies can easily get upgraded & change model to model however the glass can stay with you on that journey of bodies.
Also consider if you wish to stay with dslr or consider mirrorless since those mounts are different, however you can get some adapters

eBay is a decent option though id highly recommend checking out fredmiranda . Com buy sell forum is probably the go to place for peer to peer classifieds

He has a DSLR. Canon has already said they are no longer fixing older models. There are no new DSLR models coming out., just going away. Why buy into the old system when the deals are amazing now for Christmas season on mirrorless. The adapter is great but if anything happens to an EF lens a few years from now they won't fix it. As they are running out they are getting phased out. Every month we get a NLA list, No Longer Available.
I would NEVER advise anyone to go to a system just to make a sale. I also will ALWAYS let them know why not to buy equipment that the manufacturer has said they will only support for a couple of more years. Then what do they do?

Feel free to call me at 516-217-1000 to discuss the options
Joel