Seeking thoughts on the Sitka Gear Equinox Hoody

Hondo

WKR
I've been reviewing my gear for Whitetail elevated Archery for next season in Texas and am considering adding the Equinox Hoody and was wondering what Roksliders thought about it. I have primarily been using First Lite Fusion but tried out some EVII stuff last season with good results. I was running the Equinox pants, Core LW Hoody, MW Zip-T, Fanatic Hoody and Stratus Vest with various First Lite and Sitka base layers. All the pieces worked great until it got a little to cold & windy for my setup and had me feeling like I might have a good excuse to buy some more gear. I like was thinking that the Equinox Hoody might fit my needs better than the Celsius or Stratus jackets but am open to any suggestions.

Nkustan

FNG
It’s a decent piece for when it’s a little too cold to just rock the fanatic hoody by itself, but I prefer the kuiu peloton.

highcj5

Lil-Rokslider
I just got 1 but have not hunted with it. Wore it around the house the other day. I was starting to get pretty warm as I was moving a bit? Definitely not going to help you with the wind as you described. I like the hood and full zip

OP
H

Hondo

WKR
I have the Peloton in a pattern (Vias) that won't work to well for this application (elevated archery) but it's a great piece otherwise. I was hoping that the Equinox paired with my wind blocking Stratus Vest might do the trick .

Dont sweat the camo pattern. A deer isnt going to look up into your treestand and say “man i would love to look right past you but that dang vias camo gives you totally away”....

Camo patterns are for people, not animals. The bigger thing to think about is form and function. A peloton 240 is quiet enough, and blocks wind pretty well, layered with a stratus vest will do real well. If it fits well why spend the money on another piece?