Seekins 6mm creedmoor

Weldor

WKR
Just back from a Texas hunt. Took my Seekins 6mm with Hornady eld-x (ran out of time for reloads) .Very impressed with the caliber except for the damage done to the meat. Lots of hydro static shock. 6 pigs head shots bloodshot all the way done the necks. Ok on the pigs. Axis deer rib strike off side one shoulder and ribs a mess. Red sheep neck shot just forward of the shoulder point. destroyed the off shoulder. Super accurate rifle 200 yard shotson the deer sheep.Pigs were 60 to 80. Chrono speed was 2883 out of the 20" bbl. I love the weight of it scoped and suppressed 7lbs. Sure wish Seekins would have kept the caliber in their inventory.

That's a great hunting package. I didn't know Seekins discontinued the 6mm CM version. Bummer. One option for less meat damage would be using the 108-gr. ELD Match bullet instead of the X. It's counterintuitive, but I've heard the "hunting" bullet is often more violent than the match one.

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
Just bought a box for that exact reason. I want to get some loaded up and try on Javelina to check them out.

Arithson

FNG
That's a great hunting package. I didn't know Seekins discontinued the 6mm CM version. Bummer. One option for less meat damage would be using the 108-gr. ELD Match bullet instead of the X. It's counterintuitive, but I've heard the "hunting" bullet is often more violent than the match one.
They did discontinue it?

Jbuck

FNG
Hopefully they didn't discontinue it. I had planned on picking up a PH2 for the wife for next fall. If they did guess I better look around and grab one.

Just back from a Texas hunt. Took my Seekins 6mm with Hornady eld-x (ran out of time for reloads) .Very impressed with the caliber except for the damage done to the meat. Lots of hydro static shock. 6 pigs head shots bloodshot all the way done the necks. Ok on the pigs. Axis deer rib strike off side one shoulder and ribs a mess. Red sheep neck shot just forward of the shoulder point. destroyed the off shoulder. Super accurate rifle 200 yard shotson the deer sheep.Pigs were 60 to 80. Chrono speed was 2883 out of the 20" bbl. I love the weight of it scoped and suppressed 7lbs. Sure wish Seekins would have kept the caliber in their inventory.
Sounds like too much gun😏

Sounds like a dandy rifle, I keep trying to figure out a reason to get a seekins, I have liked them since they started building rifles

This thread would be better with pictures if you have some

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I had to keep myself from buying a Seekins Bravo in 6 creed that was listed for $1200 on a forum…

Hopefully they didn't discontinue it. I had planned on picking up a PH2 for the wife for next fall. If they did guess I better look around and grab one.
They just released a ph2 model in 6 creed that’s great for gaming NRL hunter factory class, doubt they are done with it now?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They just released a ph2 model in 6 creed that’s great for gaming NRL hunter factory class, doubt they are done with it now?
I don’t think 6 creed meets power factor for NRL Hunter of 380,000: velocity x bullet weight? For the 115 grain, velocity has to be over 3300 fps and the speed limit is 3200.

I don’t think 6 creed meets power factor for NRL Hunter of 380,000: velocity x bullet weight? For the 115 grain, velocity has to be over 3300 fps and the speed limit is 3200.
Doesn’t matter in factory class, no power factor. That’s why there is a PH2 “NRL edition” now in 6 creed. Why I said it’s perfect for gaming because you avoid the recoil associated with making power factor.

1AE9D481-E5DE-4BF3-8AC0-B1FBF7DF9F27.png

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Doesn’t matter in factory class, no power factor. That’s why there is a PH2 “NRL edition” now in 6 creed. Why I said it’s perfect for gaming because you avoid the recoil associated with making power factor.

View attachment 650559
I didn’t realize you could go 6 creed factory rifle and not have to worry about power factor. That is pretty gamer.

Maybe I should find and buy that Seekins!

I was just out today getting my rifle set up for the Ghost Hunter match in a couple weeks. I built a short barreled 6.5 creed to run the 150 SMK just fast enough to make PF or buy factory ammo.