Seekins or Fierce

OP
Vansomerenc
If anyone has a scratch off certificate that they aren’t going to use I would Really like to pick one up. I have Been looking at the Seekins Precision ph2’s and I am Very interested in obtaining one in .28 nosler.
I found mine on snipers hide. There were a few more available

Cubby

WKR
I have a PH1 in 6mm cm and a PH2 in 6.5prc both are great shooters, way better then Ill ever be. I will say their CS is top notch and shouldn't be overlooked when spending that kind of money.

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
I've got one of the original Havak's with the McMillan Game Warden. It is easily one of the most consistently precise rifles that I own. I'm not sure I like that they went to a molded stock on the PH2. They had such a great thing going with the original versions with McMillan, Manners, and even their in house PH1 stock.

Varminterror

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, @Brent, the Game Warden and the Manners options were a really smart move. For the backcountry hunter - their primary target - the new PH2 molded stock is nice and light. But for most of us, we’re interested in a bit more diverse use, and the Game Warden was a fantastic stock. I’ve been using my Game Warden stocked PH1 for PRS competition for the last 3 years and am very content - not the best race rifle, but certainly viable. The new PH2 stock - I wouldn’t even dream of using.

I've got one of the original Havak's with the McMillan Game Warden. It is easily one of the most consistently precise rifles that I own. I'm not sure I like that they went to a molded stock on the PH2. They had such a great thing going with the original versions with McMillan, Manners, and even their in house PH1 stock.

I didn't realize the PH2 stock was molded! Happy to have the PH1 stock now..

Even one of the guys at Seekins told me he thought the PH1 stock was better than the PH2.

bird35

FNG
I have 2 ph1s a 28nosler and a 6.5prc. I haven't had any problems with them. I have a ph2 300prc also and really like it. I agree that the stocks on the ph1 seem better.

Hogyotedeer

Banned
I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them. You should try and get your hands on each one and see what you like the feel of better. The Fierce and Seekins seem like incredible values at their price points.

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
I am still waiting on mine to ship. They are running a little behind with all this Covid stuff. I’ll let you know as soon as I get it and shoot it

My buddies and I have a few Seekins:

PH1 in 28 Nos. Shoots 1/2” or better with the Berger 195’s

PH2 in 300wm. Shoots 1/2” with factory 200g eldx

2 Elements in 6.5PRC. Both 1/2” or better with both 143/147 eld’s. Shot a 2 1/4” 3 shot group at 600 today with the 147’s.

We really like ours for the price. Can you put a gun together for a similar cost, sure but you usually have to wait a good amount of time for all the parts to come in. If you are thinking about picking one up we have nothing but great things to say about ours. Even when I did have an issue with the magazine in my 28 Seekins had a shipping label to me same day and my gun back within the same week. Customer service is top notch.

From the two rifles mentioned for me its Fierce hands down. Some of the others mentioned they had issues.... I have never heard of that from my friend circles. I trust that data more then what I read on the internet. I had one stock once where the paint peeled from a poor cooking job. They literally sent me a new stock the day after I called them. So again not sure what the others experienced. But any of us who have customer facing jobs, we know "those" customers and we know we treat them worse because they are always gonna bitch anyways.

In regards to comparing them to custom rifles. Well of course custom can be better, but not at that price range. Yes you can make a custom for cheaper but not as light, accurate and well built. Custom actions alone cost 3/4 of a fierce, never mind start adding triggers, barrels, carbon stocks etc. All of my customs are purpose built rifles, and the purpose was not hunting. The accuracy I demand from them comes at the cost of excessive weight. I feel like fierce found that perfect balance. Yes I have rifles that will out shoot my fierce all day, but it weighs 18lbs.

m274

WKR
Fierce is awesome. The rifles shoot great and they have excellent support. I had purchased a new rifle and during the break-in period of 40 rounds, I had one light primer strike. I emailed Fierce on a weekend evening and had an email response that same day advising they would send me pre-paid return label to ship back the bolt for them to put in stronger firing pin spring. Had label on Monday morning and sent it out that day. I had it back in hand on Saturday and it's worked perfectly since then. Highly recommend Fierce.

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got to shoot my Seekins PH2 6mm Creedmor. I am really impressed with this gun. Im shooting a .25moa group @ 200yds with factory Hornady 87gr. Took it from 400 to 1000yds shooting steel.
I have owned a fierce and christiansen rifles, but for the $ I think Seekins has them both beat. Only thing I wished they offered a carbon fiber barrel

slowelk

WKR
@Vansomerenc - anxious to see how your PRC shoots. I ordered a 300 wm on Wednesday. At this point they are quoting 90-120 days, which is nbd, I just have to deal with the anticipation.

@Wolf-killer - how did the real weight compare to the advertised weight? Glad you have a shooter.

OP
Vansomerenc
@Vansomerenc - anxious to see how your PRC shoots. I ordered a 300 wm on Wednesday. At this point they are quoting 90-120 days, which is nbd, I just have to deal with the anticipation.

@Wolf-killer - how did the real weight compare to the advertised weight? Glad you have a shooter.

Called this week. Still another month out. I’ll try and post a review. I’m definitely as knowledge as many of this group but I’ll share my thoughts

I have a Seekins Havak Element in 6.5prc and I love the way it shoots and the weight of the rifle. I also really like the large palm swell in the stock as I have really large hands. I don't think you can go wrong with Seekins. Not to mention their customer service is awesome.