Seekins ph2 300 winmag freebore

Seekins ph2 300 winmag max coal supported by chamber ( Freebore or throat length) question anyone measure theirs and determine what the max coal you can have in it is?

I know the mag box is 3.9 plus and winmag is 3.34 max saami coal. Im pretty sure its not 3.9 trying to understand what the max coal would be with any bullet you have measured thats enough for me to have an idea of the Freebore and if it will support the longer heavier bullets like the 215 burgers. I think these are around 3.6 ? Or whats the longest coal round you are shooting with what bullet.

Thanks in advance.

OP
C
Phone autocorrected me there in a few spots. Fwiw I asked two folks at Seekins and they said they couldn't say just that it was a saami chamber but I can't for the life of me find what the max coal of a 300 winmag would be in a saami chamber and if that even says how long the max coal is allowed to be there or how long the Freebore is. I know I have a .308 savage with a throat that allows a way longer than max saami coal 2.94 so I could load long heavy bullets if the case capacity allowed. Just trying to make sure I can load these longer heavier bullets in this chamber.

SDHNTR

WKR
There’s no guarantee than the next guy, even with the same model rifle, will measure the same. And different tools, with different bullets, and different methods will all yield different results. If you need to know, you need to measure it yourself. That’s the only answer.

OP
C
Thanks to all who weighed in. Ok so just asking once more and to get to my 10 posts so I can post in classifieds. Anybody measure their max coal for their 300 winmag seekins ph2?

SDHNTR

WKR
Load a dummy round that is FL sized with shoulder bumped back .001-.002” and incrementally seat bullet back until it chambers. One way or another, you’re going to have to measure it yourself.

OP
C
Thank you i would and have a hornady oal gauge but I dont have the rifle in hand. Nor a place I can go into and handle one close by. I was hoping someone who had one had already measured.
Load a dummy round that is FL sized with shoulder bumped back .001-.002” and incrementally seat bullet back until it chambers. One way or another, you’re going to have to measure it yourself.

SDHNTR

WKR
Thank you i would and have a hornady oal gauge but I dont have the rifle in hand. Nor a place I can go into and handle one close by. I was hoping someone who had one had already measured.
Again, the issue, that apparently isn’t registering despite repeatedly saying it, is that someone who “has one already measured” isn’t going to necessarily help you. Their throat could be significantly different than yours due to wear, machining and assembly differences, etc. It’s a mass produced item. No two are the exact same. Someone else’s figures are not going to be the same in your gun. One last time… You need to measure it yourself. There’s no way around it.

OP
C
My aim is to understand out of the box does it support the long 300 winmag 215 berger for example that are 3.6 greater than saami max coal of 3.34. I get there is wear. I assume that anyone who loads for their seekins ph2 got it out of the box put their hornady oal on it. Measured the max coal to start. For example in my savage it was long throated to start at 2.94 in 308. Savages are known to have long throats. I dont care if I get a number that is exact. Im looking for about how long they start. Their mag box is 3.9 max saami coal is 3.34. Thats a big difference. Looking to understand what it starts at or hell even what it is now after x number of rounds my bet is somewhere around 3.6 but can't get a line on it.

OP
C
https://bergerbullets.com/product/300-winchester-magnum-215gr-hybrid-target/ these longer than max saami ammunition are discontinued. However you can still order the bullet https://bergerbullets.com/product/30-caliber-215-grain-hybrid-target/ It appears that berger has discontinued all their factory ammo for 300 winmag that would result in a longer than saami coal. Probably due to people getting confused about the exact issue I am trying to avoid which is having a rifle without the long enough freebore to support the longer heavier bullets which require a greater than max saami coal.
https://bergerbullets.com/?s=300+winchester+magnum factory ammo only 168 and 185 left.