Seekins ph2

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
I am planning on picking up a seekins ph2 in 6.5prc. I have heard about 15 perc or 25 perc off certificates or coupons but am not sure how these are given out or how I could buy/get one? Also anyone have any first hand info on recent made ph2 on accuracy and quality of build? Thanks, Dean

jfs82

WKR
I have an element from them so can only speak to very nice build quality. Thing shoots absolutely great, carries great and a great company to deal with.

I got a PH2 in 28 Nosler recently. It shoots 195 Berger EOL's into 5/8 groups at 100, and only spreads out to around 1.25" at 350. Very nice rifle. I'm still getting to know it, but no complaints.

gearguywb

WKR
They are great rifles. I have had PH1 in 300 and 6.5 CM. Now have the PH2 in 6.5 PRC. Really nice package

slowelk

WKR
The coupons were promotional when they released the ph1 and in the early days of the ph2, they have either all expired or been used.

Production time has slowed down, just like everything else in the firearms industry. I ordered at the beginning of august and am still waiting. I hope the wait is worth it!

OP
E

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Ok sounds like they make a quality gun. I like pretty much everything about the sounds of the build. $ lug bolt, carbon stock, nothing crazy heavy longrange only type build. This is a gun that I want i want to hunt with and have confidence if i do my part it will do its part if the range gets long. Thanks My main concern is smooth bolt function and feeding issues with the 6.5 prc.

jfs82

WKR
I believe the feeding issues were only with the PH1 when it was first released but I am not sure of that. My element is 6.5 prc and no issues there. Bolt is different in element (aluminum parts involved) so no basis to comment on. I will say that I am seriously considering calling them up and asking about having a PH2 built in 22 cm so I don't have to spend 1k more putting together a gun that takes longer to get.

pendo11

FNG
I recently picked bought a PH2 in 6.5prc. So far it has exceeded my expectations. It shoots great groups with factory ammo. I have been patiently gather components for hand loads but that will take a while. The action is fairly smooth with a low round count ( it should only get better with time) it has four lugs on the bolt. It is light enough for me, the palm swell is beefy. The trigger is crisp. It also comes with a great customer service team. Hard to beat that!

I have a PH1 in 28nos, a PH2 in .300wm, and an element in 6.5PRC. My PH1 had some feeding issues but it was the carbon fiber magazine causing the problem and Seekins customer service was really really good. Once fixed it’s been a non issue. Haven’t had any problems with the PH 2 or element. My dad and buddy have PH2’s in .300wm and another buddy also has an element in 6.5PRC. All shoot at or right around 1/2 moa 3 shot groups with factory and even better with hand loads. Zero complaints and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.

OP
E

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
My ffl found a ph2 so its on its way!! If it is near a 1/2 in gun I will be pleased. Thanks, For the info. Dean

So how "thick" is the palm swell fellas?

Like Remy Sendero thick or thicker?

I haven’t messed with senderos but it’s fine. A guy shouldn’t really be gripping it anyway. You’d have to have pretty small hands for it to be an issue IMO.

OP
E

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked it up yesterday. Looks good balances well and is light. Action is pretty smooth for the first few cycles of the action. Can get a slight bind with up and forward pressure but will improve and even if it doesnt it doesnt feel excessive. The palm swell is full and when the gun is carried for hunting or hiking in hand it feels a little odd. But when you get behind the gun to shoot the palm swell guides your hand into a nice repeatable torque free position. I am not an experienced long range shooter but these are my thoughts on it. Gun weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. Guessing the advertised 6.9 lbs might be the bare gun without the factory included picatinny rail? If it shoots as good as most of them do I will be very pleased.

slowelk

WKR
Just picked it up yesterday. Looks good balances well and is light. Action is pretty smooth for the first few cycles of the action. Can get a slight bind with up and forward pressure but will improve and even if it doesnt it doesnt feel excessive. The palm swell is full and when the gun is carried for hunting or hiking in hand it feels a little odd. But when you get behind the gun to shoot the palm swell guides your hand into a nice repeatable torque free position. I am not an experienced long range shooter but these are my thoughts on it. Gun weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. Guessing the advertised 6.9 lbs might be the bare gun without the factory included picatinny rail? If it shoots as good as most of them do I will be very pleased.

How did you get one so fast? I've been waiting since August.

OP
E

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Asked my ffl if he could find one and he said that one that was being held for a sales rep or something like that came available at his supplier and he nabbed it for me. I must have just gotten lucky. Told him on a thursday to find me one and next thursday picked it up. Sorry not rubbing it in just got lucky it sounds like

slowelk

WKR
Cartridge? The web site shows some in stock. I stopped at Sheels and they had a whole rack of Seekins rifles there.

300 Win. I've talked to their CS team monthly since November. They've only over-promised once when they told me that I'd get it before the new year. I spoke to them again late last week and they were honest about the fact that distributors/retailers get orders filled before individuals, but assured me they had enough barrels and long actions to get me mine in the current batch. I am expecting this month.

Tdmouse29

FNG
I have a PH1 in 28nos, a PH2 in .300wm, and an element in 6.5PRC. My PH1 had some feeding issues but it was the carbon fiber magazine causing the problem and Seekins customer service was really really good. Once fixed it’s been a non issue. Haven’t had any problems with the PH 2 or element. My dad and buddy have PH2’s in .300wm and another buddy also has an element in 6.5PRC. All shoot at or right around 1/2 moa 3 shot groups with factory and even better with hand loads. Zero complaints and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.

Little late to this thread but plan on ordering a havak ph2 tomorrow. Do you know what factory ammo they were using for their 300 wm?
I’m so torn between the 28 nosler and the 300 wm. I just got into reloading and I know the 300 has more options for factory ammo if reloading isn’t my specialty...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little late to this thread but plan on ordering a havak ph2 tomorrow. Do you know what factory ammo they were using for their 300 wm?
I’m so torn between the 28 nosler and the 300 wm. I just got into reloading and I know the 300 has more options for factory ammo if reloading isn’t my specialty...

If you’re near a scheels I’d check for inventory before getting on a long waiting list by ordering direct. They had a few the last time I was in one in MN.

Tdmouse29

FNG
If you’re near a scheels I’d check for inventory before getting on a long waiting list by ordering direct. They had a few the last time I was in one in MN.

I actually want to put the element stock on the ph2 so I’ll have to order direct either way. I’m ok with waiting lol but I appreciate the advice.