Self filming need camcorder suggestion. Want external mic and LANC port.

Jeremy_D

FNG
1st I know very little about this stuff. So far Ive learned I want a LANC port.
How important is an external mic? The cheaper Sony Handycams have the LANC port but not an external mic port. I think the Sony HDR455 has both. Im fine stepping into that price range if it infact has both ports and the sensor is good for low light. Here are the specs. If someone who knows this stuff could fill me in or recommend something else Id appreciate it.

I can’t answer your question but there was a whole self filming setup for sale in the classified section recently. May want to check it out.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would call the guys at Cameraland and get their opinion. They do this for a living.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
The Lanc port will not work with the cheaper sony handycam, I have 2 the HDR 405 and the ax53 and bought a varizoom which doesnt work with either, so I had to get a sony remote control

jeepfan

FNG
1st I know very little about this stuff. So far Ive learned I want a LANC port.
How important is an external mic? The cheaper Sony Handycams have the LANC port but not an external mic port. I think the Sony HDR455 has both. Im fine stepping into that price range if it infact has both ports and the sensor is good for low light. Here are the specs. If someone who knows this stuff could fill me in or recommend something else Id appreciate it.
It has both but no mic mount. You might consider getting one of these to mount the mic on top of the CX455. https://www.amazon.com/Impact-Adhesive-Backed-Accessory-Shoe-2-Pack/dp/B006TZ8PQG