Self Guided Oceola Turkey On Public

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Any Florida turkey hunters that can give me advice on the best WMA's to be successful on would be greatly appreciated. I am a experienced turkey hunter

hobbes

WKR
I've not hunted Florida yet so I'm not going to be any help, but I think you'll have a tough time dragging info out of folks that hunt public land in FL. A little research will show you that the best WMAs are limited draw. That was back around November. Anything that's not limited draw will be crowded. That probably doesn't mean you can't kill a public land bird, but it'll be tough hunting and most folks aren't going to give away many details. Good luck.

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
The WMAs that have the highest success rates are all limited quota hunts. There are birds on others but they will be very crowded and I would be beyond surprised if anyone will be willing to give you info on public land, south of HWY 50.

OP
Beaglegun

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Pm me. I can possibly point you in the right direction..do you have a boat? Or kayak at least?
I am gonna try this again! I didnt draw a limited entry tag. I'm 22 of 128 on the waiting list, which probably means it aint gonna happen. I guess I will just drive down there and hunt a WMA thats open to anybody on opening day. No idea which one???