Sell your AR?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good question. With all the media hype since Sandy Hook and now they're highlighting the Aurora massacre all over, it will be interesting to see the fate of these rifles unfold. Being that the original ban didn't work, I'd be surprised if the antis can curtail them much, but who knows. Probably a good time to sell one and buy one.

I'm to the point where I have VERY little inventory, and almost all of it is spoken for before it hits my door. And its getting to the point where even my suppliers are so backed up that I'm months and months back ordered on lowers and complete rifles. Even finding semi-auto pistols right now is ridiculous...

Mike

OP
WyoBowhunter21
I'm to the point where I have VERY little inventory, and almost all of it is spoken for before it hits my door. And its getting to the point where even my suppliers are so backed up that I'm months and months back ordered on lowers and complete rifles. Even finding semi-auto pistols right now is ridiculous...

Mike

That right there makes me wonder if I should just keep it. I just haven't decided yet. I am looking for a pistol for hunting this next fall and it just makes sense. I dunno I will think about it. Anybody else?

I would keep it if I were you... I think it will honestly take 6-18 months for the supply in this industry to start moving back to an even keel, that is unless they are illegal at that point in time.

Mike

Whisky

WKR
I bought one after the election. Didn't really have a use for it but I got a good deal on it and with the uncertainty at that time, I decided I should get one. Fast forward 2 months, with the recent tragedy, and now a real ban is looking more and more possible, and they are impossible to come by. I have no regrets. I don't really want to partake in the gouging and panic buying fiasco right now so I haven't even thought about selling it at this point. I am going to let things cool down a bit and go from there.

I have a different perspective on the whole 'black rifle' issue.
I have always been a blued-steel and walnut guy. Classic cartridges like 7x57, 375 H&H, 300 Savage and the likes.
After a long discussion over several weeks with the Hill Brothers over at Hill People Gear my thinking changed.
Not only is it my right to own, hunt with and shoot an AR-style rifle, but it really is my responsibility as a citizen to own one.
The 2nd amendment debate is not one of self-defense or hunting or target shooting, but one of protecting and defending the Constitution from a statist government bent on destroying the rights of the individual citizen.
Something to consider. Me, I'll keep the AR and buy more ammo:)

aggieland

WKR
Bought me a new AR just a few months ago before the school shooting, when things went crazy and prices skyrocketed. Also picked up 1000 rounds, now I wish I had bought more ammo.

Madnik

Lil-Rokslider
Sell when prices are high? Nope. I am, however, hoping to buy when prices come back down. And they will.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine in late 2007 before things got crazy. I'm keeping it as it is a fun rifle to shoot at the range and will be a good varmint gun as well.

Curtis C

WKR
NO WAY I would sell an AR just because I could make some extra coin, especially right now with this instability.

Not only is it my right to own, hunt with and shoot an AR-style rifle, but it really is my responsibility as a citizen to own one.
The 2nd amendment debate is not one of self-defense or hunting or target shooting, but one of protecting and defending the Constitution from a statist government bent on destroying the rights of the individual citizen.

Me, I'll keep the AR and buy more ammo:)

Heather I really like the way you said that. Signature Quality statement you made(with your approval of course). I will add that with the defense cut talks there is also an issue of security that needs to be protected along with the Constitution.

C

I just ordered my first AR thanks to Mike and plan on holding onto it for life. Never was a fan of "black rifles" but after shooting one all I can say is they are fun to shoot and I want to own one while I still can!