SELLERS BEWARE! Selling Firearms using PayPal.

Rob5589

WKR
I used to manage a gun shop…Guy shipped in a gun and he got tracking that it was delivered.

It was not, to us anyway, USPS had an investigator at the shop that afternoon, they found it pretty quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably a good idea for the OP to push the fact that they lost a gun. May light a fire under their asses.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Did you ship the firearm with tracking and signature required?

According to the USPS......"all regulated firearms must be mailed using a USPS product or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.”

Of course, I wouldn't ship a gun without "signature at delivery".......and insurance. I prefer Fedex for this. Never had an issue.

tntrker

WKR
You used USPS as your mistake, end of story. They suck and are NEVER liable for their loss or damage IF you ever can talk to a real person....Hope you can recoup your rifle...

OP
streetdoctor
Did you ship the firearm with tracking and signature required?

According to the USPS......"all regulated firearms must be mailed using a USPS product or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.”

Of course, I wouldn't ship a gun without "signature at delivery".......and insurance. I prefer Fedex for this. Never had an issue.
I disclosed it was a rifle to the guy behind the counter he surprisingly seemed very knowledgeable for USPS. I shipped it however he recommended. He even kept a copy of the FFL.

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
Just a FYI to all forum users with paypal. Firearm related transactions are strictly prohibited (you sign the user agreement that defines all of it.)

Our paypal account was locked and all funds seized. It stung, but that's what we get for not reading the fine print!~
Funds seized by PayPal? No matter the fine print they aren't the Feds. They can't just take your money because you didn't follow a company policy.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Funds seized by PayPal? No matter the fine print they aren't the Feds. They can't just take your money because you didn't follow a company policy.
They do it. I also don’t think it’s right. But you can sue to get it back.

If I’m selling something, I take responsibility on the item getting to the buyer. If you’re worried about paying insurance on it include it in your sell price.

Finch

WKR
Did I miss how long the gun has been "lost". I bought a muzzleloader off gunbroker one time and thought USPS had lost it. Showed up a few weeks later.

PayPal isn’t as good as it used to be but they will lock up your accounts if they find out it’s firearm related.

ChrisAU

WKR

If you agree to terms and conditions that include a condition that your funds can be seized if you buy/sell firearms using the account, then yes they very much can be seized. They are not a bank, there are no Federal guidelines, no FDIC here. You signed a contract to forfeit your assets if you break their rules.

ChrisAU

WKR
Did I miss how long the gun has been "lost". I bought a muzzleloader off gunbroker one time and thought USPS had lost it. Showed up a few weeks later.

Curious here too. I’ve had plenty of packages float around for a week or two before delivering. Had one small one that was officially declared lost actually show up 4 months afterwards, and it was a First Class package with no insurance. Buyer had actually moved since, some new tenant has a nice Savage Trigger Guard worth about $20 lol.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
PayPal TOS are very clear in that anything firearm related is prohibited to buy or sell. You took a risk. That’s why it’s called a risk. 99% of the time it all works out, until it doesn’t.

ChrisAU

WKR
As for whose responsibility it is, I’ve found it easiest to price all my sales as delivered pricing - it’s on me to ship and insure. Quite often I insure only 50-75% of value because I’m hedging the bet. As much as I gear whore insuring for 100% on everything costs more than coming up with 25% of the value to refund the buyer if 1 out of 500 ever got lost.

def90

WKR
The Denver mail sorting facility is notorious for packages disappearing from the system and then suddenly reappearing 4-5 weeks later. I swear they must have bins that they just push aside and then one day someone looks at the bin pushed against the wall, scratches their head and moves it back to the line. Any time a vendor sends me something via USPS I know I have about a 50/50 chance of it making it's way through Denver in a "normal" manner.

GarnerAF1

Lil-Rokslider
Did PayPal say or find out it was a firearm? I thought PP was extremely anti-gun and have repercussions for selling/buying anything considered a weapon?