SELLERS BEWARE! Selling Firearms using PayPal.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Pay pal locks your account when they know you used it for a firearms transaction and they will not release your funds for 180 days. You can use pay pal, but you must be very careful and you are not protected. In fact Pay Pal will punish you if they find out.

Your buyer was not dishonest in any way. He never received the product he ordered and paid for, he should get a Full refund. He never received anything of value, so why should he suffer a loss? As a seller I feel it is totally your responsibility to either deliver the goods or take the consequences if said item never arrives.

That fact he reimbursed you for shipping and pay pal fees in no way gets you off the hook to deliver the goods. That is YOUR responsibility as a seller. If you order something from Cabelas, who pays the shipping? You do! If you never receive the item, should you just be out the money? I don’t think so!

Regardless of how things are done, that is the only fair way to handle it.

If I ordered something from you that I never received and I lost my money in the deal, I would be on every website saying don't buy from you.

Last edited:

jayhawk

WKR
I think it's strange a firearm just "disappeared" in the mail. Sounds like someone at USPS got a new gun for deer season . . .

Wvroach

WKR
As much as I hate to suggest it and dislike the organization, as it stands my tax money still funds them and they can be useful for something. if you call the BATF about a missing firearm and report it through them I have heard it will put the gears in motion and will be found soon after.

A few people I know have done so successfully. Good luck.

Ignore me I read the first 2 pages and not the last, glad it worked out In the end.

Last edited: