Selling a bow online questions

SDHunter44

Lil-Rokslider
I have my bow listed online, what is recommended to do to protect yourself, I know to use PayPal non friends and family, I’ll probably take a bunch of pics, or video to show no defects. Is it necessary to somehow have proof that the bow was in the box when you shipped it? Maybe ask to take a pic of the bow in the box with the person at the ups store before taping the box closed? Any other tips to protect against scammers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always make sure it's insured when shipping it. I'd take a good number of pictures before hand. Never had issues with anyone. Wrap it up well, I wouldn't worry so much about proving it's in a box. Maybe I haven't seen that scam yet.

I do feel like if you are selling and it's lost in shipping it's your responsibility. You had the insurance ticket, or chose not to pay for it.

I'd double check the address they give you to send it. Google Street view helps.

Rob5589

WKR
I recently sold one here. I took plenty of pics first; took several of it wrapped and packaged; mailed it USPS. The buyer used PP goods and services, no problems.

Ac338

WKR
I've bought bows on AT without issues but if your concerned another possibility could be to work out shipment to a bow shop near the buyers house and have the tech go through it with the buyer to verify the condition is as stated. Never done this as I work on my own but may be a possibility.

dtrkyman

WKR
Check with paypal, I have heard of them not covering bows.

Photo and video of bow and boxing to cover yourself. Have an actual talk on the phone with the person not just texts.

Never had an issue and have sold many on AT.

Trial153

WKR
Never had problem buying ior selling bows with pay pal, maybe 25 bow transactions total, 100s on other archery components purchases also. That said I dont think much for pay pal as they left hanging out to dry the one time I needed them.
Sell your bow ...you will be fine.

mattbjo

FNG
Go to your local archery shop and ask them for a bow box to ship it in. I sold my last bow on eBay and got paid through pay pal with no issues. Shipping cost wasn’t bad with the proper box

I’ve bought and sold a bunch of bows on AT with no issues. I always take more than enough photos, be overly honest on the description, and be quick to reply to questions. I always post a price that includes the 3% paypal and shipping cost because I want my transaction to be as easy as possible for the buyer.

When shipping make sure you have a bow box, bubble wrap the pockets, ship with insurance, and always text a photo of the receipt to the buyer showing the date/time and the tracking info as soon as you walk out of the USPS door.

OP
S

SDHunter44

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice! I figured most transactions were good and PayPal helps but still some scammers I am sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunting_with_bailey

Lil-Rokslider
I visited my local pro shop, he gave me a bow box. I also took pictures of the bow wrapped up prior to boxing, sent them to the buyer. I made sure to wrap the cams, limbs, cable guard, etc.